Looking for the perfect pair of headphones
Oct 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Bassix

100+ Head-Fier
Extreme bass. I mean seriously, if I turn dubstep on, I want to feel each individual brain cell take a hit of ectasy.

Clear Mid's And High's. I love bass, I'm definitely a bass head, it's extremely calming, but I listen to rock, so I don't want to completely ruin the mid's and high's with bass

Within a $200 Budget. I'm not made of money, and don't have extensive amounts of money to spend on these.

I use an amp. FiiO E11 with LOD connector, just something to keep in mind that I'm not running simply off of iPod power.

Durability. These things need to be able to survive a meteor explosion because when things that are mine break that I learn to love, I feel lost in my life.

A little style. I'm not talking some pumped up Beats By Dre garbage, I'm not going to wear these around my neck like a fashion star, I just don't want to look horribly awkward wearing them in public.

A link to reviews/videos. Something that would give me an idea of what they look like, tips and tricks with them, just things to learn about in general.

I know there are a lot of threads like this out there and they get annoying, I just need things that fit these exact needs, and my window to buy headphones isn't going to be open very long for personal reasons.

Thanks in advanced <3

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #5 of 13
Awaiting more replies, I'm in the exact same boat with pretty similar desires for sound!

Some recommendations that were given me were for the M-Audio Q40 but it needs to be amped and alas I don't want to run an amped setup so might be perfect for your needs. Deep deep lows, with neutral sounding mids and highs. Check out some of the reviews.

I think I'll be either going for the Ultimate Ears 6000 or the V-Moda M-100 given my need to be unamped, but juding my some reviews they might lack the amount of bass you're looking for.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
Awaiting more replies, I'm in the exact same boat with pretty similar desires for sound!

Some recommendations that were given me were for the M-Audio Q40 but it needs to be amped and alas I don't want to run an amped setup so might be perfect for your needs. Deep deep lows, with neutral sounding mids and highs. Check out some of the reviews.

I think I'll be either going for the Ultimate Ears 6000 or the V-Moda M-100 given my need to be unamped, but juding my some reviews they might lack the amount of bass you're looking for.

I check some reviews out, and it talked about how it drowned out the mids and highs of the headphone because of over exaggerated bass, which is something I'd like to avoid.

I was thinking about getting one of the Audio Technica brand headphones, as I had a pair of M50's before I (sadly) lost them, and they manage to have a good amount of bass without complete distortion of the rest of the music.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #10 of 13
I doubt that will be what you're after if you don't like the reviews of the Q40. Pro700MkII are meant to be a very dark set of phones.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
I doubt that will be what you're after if you don't like the reviews of the Q40. Pro700MkII are meant to be a very dark set of phones.

What do you mean by dark exactly, like for headphones, what is dark exactly?

I'm looking for a lot of bass, without sacrificing other levels of sound, a lot of people say that pro700MKII's are perfect for it
confused.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
Dark is the opposite of Bright

Bright : Cans/setup with a lot of treble presence
Dark : The opposite, cans/setup with a little treble presence

This.

I should say though, don't specifically take my word for it, I haven't listened to the Pro700Mk2's yet (they arrive with me tomorrow), but most of the reviews will explain their "darker" sounding quality, which from your description doesn't quite sound like what you're after. I personally am going for them as I prefer a darker sounding headphone.

Ref the Q40: Most reviews will tell you that they are a bass heavy headphone with neutral mids and highs, I just sent a pair back as I'm not keen on running them amped, but they sound bloody excellent and I would say fit your needs exactly, especially as you'll be running the perfect pairing with the E11.

At any rate, if you're not sure, find somewhere to demo them, there's no better review than your own ears.

Failing that. Get whichever one you fancy and just send them back if they dont suit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back