Looking for some new headphones under 80$. Any ideas?
Sep 2, 2010 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kaimon96

New Head-Fier
I'm buying a new mp3 player since my old one broke, and I'm planning to get some new headphones as well. My budget is 80 bucks or less (preferably less) and I'm looking for some portable, comfortable, durable headphones with the best quality I can get with that sort of budget.  Supra-aural headphones would be preferred, but if there's a pair of circumaural headphones that fit this better, then that'd be fine.

Also, they need to have a more tight sounding bass response than a fat one.

Oh yeah, and this isn't that important, but if it looks sleek then that would be a nice bonus :wink:.

Edit: Oh, and please don't suggest IEMs or earbuds. I can't stand them and I'm not comfortable with putting anything in my ear.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 4
Look at the Hippo Family: Shroom, Pearl, Boom, and for a bit more you can get Hippo VB,
For 100+ you can get a bargain Dual driver  DDM by Radius Japan. (OEM version only) Retail version cost  double your price request.
many reviews written. check the forum.

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Look at the Hippo Family: Shroom, Pearl, Boom, and for a bit more you can get Hippo VB,
For 100+ you can get a bargain Dual driver  DDM by Radius Japan. (OEM version only) Retail version cost  double your price request.
many reviews written. check the forum.

Sorry. Wasn't was I looking for. I forgot to mention that I'm not looking for earbuds or IEMS :/.

But thanks anyways!

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 4
you can try AKG K450,portable enough.
though I just heard it at a very short time,I think its bass is good.
because I love ATH's phones,maybe the bass of K450 is not good enough for you
I think you'd better try it before you decide to buy it
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back