Looking for really comfortable headphones for everyday gaming.
Aug 8, 2011 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Betatest

New Head-Fier
Hello there,
so basically, I am looking for really, really comfortable headset for gaming (8+ hours day, even more sometimes). I have tried many, but after like an hour my ears get really sore and I have to take headphones out. Wouldn't on-ear headphones be better for me? My price range is not really ideal, about 60-70 euro.

Thanks

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #5 of 25
The problem with the AD700 is that it doesn't have a mic, maybe the games you play don't require it, but I used to do semi-professional gaming in tournaments and stuff, and a quality mic is a must. A cheap pair with a mic is Sennheiser PC 150.

Having said that, if you are looking for comfort above all, the AD700's are probably the very best in their price range.

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 25
To be honest, the games I play require mic 
confused_face.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 25
Check out the Razer Carcharias.  They are quite comfortable.  If you could work with a free standing mic, the Sennheiser 595/555 are the most comfortable I've ever seen for long term wearing.  If you need a mic on the cans, go with the Carcharias.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #11 of 25

Quote:
Yeah, I know about the Razer Carcharias, but the reviews I read were not that good, but if they are really that comfy, I would go for them.

Don't expect to have the AD700 quality with that Razers. Actually I find the AD700 more comfortable...but that's my personal opinion.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #12 of 25
And maybe another 10 dollars after that for a mic adapter for your console if you play console (or 130 to go all-out with a mixamp)  A lot of those console-oriented gaming headsets (the more expensive ones) are just the cheaper headsets packaged with the dolby headphone processors (such as the mixamp).

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #14 of 25
Well..if so you can get some Creative Aurvana Live they are rebranded Denons but with worse quality plastic. You should find them for 80€ over the web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back