Looking for Good Headphones for music and gaming (Got A900's!)
Mar 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #31 of 39
I'm in a very similar situation, looking for headphones for gaming and music/movies. I don't have to have a closed air headphone but I do like a little bass, so I am a bit apprehensive about ATH AD700. Do the A700 have better bass? Granted I'm no bass head, but I just like a little bit with my hip hop or r&b. Unfortunately I'm also a gamer and peopel tell me that bass in games is no good because it ruins your ability to tell where things are in games like COD. Would the A700 be a good compromise? Or maybe I am just thinking too much and should get the AD700 and I might still like it for music/movies?

My current setup:

PS3 -> HDMI -> monitor with audio passthrough -> Macbook's linein port. I run Skype on the macbook, and plug a pair of Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi's into the macbook's audio out so the result is PS3 game audio + skype chat audio. I do this because the PS3 chat is pretty terrible.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #35 of 39
Bump

There was a reference to also getting a better sound card, would I really benefit from upgrading my Titanium Fatal1ty card? The only ones I could possibly think of that would be an upgrade is the titanium HD and the Auzen Forte (Only have PCI-e)

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #36 of 39
I just found out the Titanium HD does not support 5.1 analog out.
I guess you might be able to use a digital connection for the Logitech Z-5500.
But i would guess the digital connection would bypass all those great Op-Amps on the Titanium HD???
Still trying to figure out the stuff myself.

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #38 of 39
Well I ended up getting the ATH-A900's by Audio Technica and they're wonderful, exactly what I've been looking for. I can blast whatever I want and the people around me hardly know I'm even using them when they're on my head. Thanks for the advice! Now I just need to figure out if the forte is better than what I have now and I should be golden (Unless an amp appears in my future)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back