Looking for balance with slight bass.
Aug 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #46 of 48
I live in Canada and so the selection here at Best Buy is rather limited. At least in my city. But I'm pretty much debating the DJ200, KNS8400 or SRH840. Any ideas which one fits best without use of amp, at least in the near future?

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #47 of 48
Quote:
I live in Canada and so the selection here at Best Buy is rather limited. At least in my city. But I'm pretty much debating the DJ200, KNS8400 or SRH840. Any ideas which one fits best without use of amp, at least in the near future?

I would say the SRH-840 sounded quite good from straight out of a portable. It's NOT a portable at all though. It's big and awkward and painful (for me) to wear.

The 8400 isn't exactly the easiest headphone ever to drive. Like my DJ100, it needs to be at very high volume levels from my Sansa Clip+. It's also fuller sounding and less fatiguing when very well amped (just like my DJ100 again)..

DJ200 should be identical to the DJ100 except for the extras.

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #48 of 48
Quote:
I would say the SRH-840 sounded quite good from straight out of a portable. It's NOT a portable at all though. It's big and awkward and painful (for me) to wear.

The 8400 isn't exactly the easiest headphone ever to drive. Like my DJ100, it needs to be at very high volume levels from my Sansa Clip+. It's also fuller sounding and less fatiguing when very well amped (just like my DJ100 again)..

DJ200 should be identical to the DJ100 except for the extras.

Can an iPod nano drive them easily without an amp? This is such a tough decision, all of them have qualities I want. Is there any way to extend the bass of the SRH840 like the KNS 8400? How are the trebles on the Shure's by the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back