Looking for a smooth BASSY arse amp and dac
Nov 26, 2020 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ziggybasstwist

New Head-Fier
Hey as the title says I am looking for a headamp that can function as a preamp to studio monitors. In a best case scenario it would have an output toggle switch or at least logic . What I need is a super powerful bass response with some great macro dynamics and speed. All while being liquid smooth and immersive. At the same time I do not want something that is going to pick the treble up and make it bright or fatiguing.
I will be using it with mid-high sensitivity Iem’s until I can find a used pair of th-x00’s ebonies or something along those lines. Also, I would prefer a balanced setup but hey if the single ended can match up and the price is welcoming I will forego balanced.

Order of importance:
1. Bass response (insane and powerfully geared sound signature aimed toward low end for hip hop / trap / edm (can I get some 808s?!) :)
2. Liquidity (anti-fatiguing)
3. Preamp function to studio monitors
4. Balanced ins / outs / low Signal noise ratio
5. Output toggle switch or board logic for headphones and speakers / gain switch or power match feature to accommodate iems
6. Filters such as 3D / bass boost / eq settings ( although I love me some of this area)
7. Matching sister DAC that either adds to the sound signature I want or improves . Any dac will do really.

The DAC needs to be a separate unit as I am planning on running a dynamic effects processor in between the dac and the amp.

Budget ~ $500 but would prefer to spend a lot less . Or more. 🙂

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 3
Hey as the title says I am looking for a headamp that can function as a preamp to studio monitors. In a best case scenario it would have an output toggle switch or at least logic . What I need is a super powerful bass response with some great macro dynamics and speed. All while being liquid smooth and immersive. At the same time I do not want something that is going to pick the treble up and make it bright or fatiguing.
I will be using it with mid-high sensitivity Iem’s until I can find a used pair of th-x00’s ebonies or something along those lines. Also, I would prefer a balanced setup but hey if the single ended can match up and the price is welcoming I will forego balanced.

Order of importance:
1. Bass response (insane and powerfully geared sound signature aimed toward low end for hip hop / trap / edm (can I get some 808s?!) :)
2. Liquidity (anti-fatiguing)
3. Preamp function to studio monitors
4. Balanced ins / outs / low Signal noise ratio
5. Output toggle switch or board logic for headphones and speakers / gain switch or power match feature to accommodate iems
6. Filters such as 3D / bass boost / eq settings ( although I love me some of this area)
7. Matching sister DAC that either adds to the sound signature I want or improves . Any dac will do really.

The DAC needs to be a separate unit as I am planning on running a dynamic effects processor in between the dac and the amp.

Budget ~ $500 but would prefer to spend a lot less . Or more. 🙂
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33305
Great deal going on now for this amp. Don’t know if this would be good for you.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 3
I’ve been debating it for 24hours. Literally on and off. I just don’t think it can deliver for the type of bass I’m looking for. Unless modded/tube rolled ? Anyone know when that sale is running until ?
also, no preamp? And I have 108db sensitivity 500mw 16ohm iems right now..probably Not possible with that sexy ****er liquid jizz amp. Lol jk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back