Looking for a new setup for my PC
Jul 10, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #46 of 54
Yes but import taxes and other taxes would probably eat that savings up quick.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #47 of 54
Yes but import taxes and other taxes would probably eat that savings up quick.

Yeah, I thought so as well. I will probably buy it from Sweden, as I talked to the support on a well-renowned seller and they could push the price down approximately 50$. They also offer 3-year warranty on everything they sell so that's good to have!

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #48 of 54
I believe you will really like them if you decide to get them. Post back if you do and let us know.

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #49 of 54
Status update! I just got my JDS Labs The Element and my HE-400S. I love them a lot, the headphones are really damn comfortable, sounds great and the The Element is great. Thanks so much for the help guys, appreciate it alot!

I might change the pads on the headphones to the FocusPads or the BrainWavz HM5. Which would you guys recommend or are there other pads that would work? :)

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #50 of 54
Great news congrats. I have not tried the HM 5 pads with them but do have the Focus A pads. They do seem to add a bit of bass but does cut a little bit of highs though to me that is some others might disagree. As for other pads don't know. Glad you like them though.

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #51 of 54
Hi again!

I have been using my HE-400S for some time now and I'm still loving them. Now, I've been thinking about selling my Blue Yeti microphone and instead buy a ModMic 5. However, I was curious about where I should stick the magnet on. I read that it could affect the sound quality of the headphones if you put the magnet on the plastic "grills". Where should I stick the magnet on these headphones? Help would be appreciated a lot! :)

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #52 of 54
Why do you want to get rid of the blue yet? I don't think the mod mic will sound much better, SQ wise. Is it a problem with volume, SQ, or just desktop footprint?

Oct 7, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #53 of 54
Why do you want to get rid of the blue yet? I don't think the mod mic will sound much better, SQ wise. Is it a problem with volume, SQ, or just desktop footprint?

I'm terribly lazy when it comes to push-to-talk when talking on Discord, so I think that it would be easier to just have a ModMic instead so that it picks up less keyboard noise and so on.

Oct 7, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #54 of 54
Out of curiosity, are you using cardioid mode on the Yeti mic?

I do get what you're saying. But I have friends using the modmic that CONSTANTLY forget they've muted themselves, and it's caused problems in games and chat before. Some mics are designed to pic up what's directly in front of them. Maybe get a different mic with a tighter cardioid pattern?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back