London (UK) meeting.
Dec 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #62 of 250
Parafeed has a point.
I will bring my HD650s, with a stock cable, and a Double Helix Cables balanced cable (Scootermafia here on Head-Fi
biggrin.gif
).
I'll bring my 6-socket multisocket, and my external hard drive for sharing music etc, if anyones up for it.
Both me and realmassy are ordering a Little Dot MK VII, I'm probably ordering mine today, if it comes in time I'll bring it along.

Are there any skilled DIYers coming along? realmassy was looking to have his 2x3pin XLR Beyerdynamic DT 880s reterminated to 4-pin, and hopefully someone can make the 4 itsy-bitsy solder connections I need for a DIYmod.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #63 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both me and realmassy are ordering a Little Dot MK VII....

In that case, there is no need for me to bring the LD MKVI (that I'm selling) if there will be one or two MKVII's there. I'll try and match up a few of pairs of 6SL7's before the meet so you guys can try a little tube rolling.

Quote:

realmassy was looking to have his 2x3pin XLR Beyerdynamic DT 880s reterminated to 4-pin, and hopefully someone can make the 4 itsy-bitsy solder connections I need for a DIYmod.

No problem. I'll bring a soldering iron and tools as well.
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #64 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parafeed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In that case, there is no need for me to bring the LD MKVI (that I'm selling) if there will be one or two MKVII's there. I'll try and match up a few of pairs of 6SL7's before the meet so you guys can try a little tube rolling.

No problem. I'll bring a soldering iron and tools as well.
wink.gif

If the MK VI doesn't sell...it'd mean the guys get to hear a balanced tube amp. Of course you don't have to, seems you're bringing a lot anyway which is COOL!

Lol I don't mean to question your abilities but the iPod stuff to solder is TINY...
Like almost half this size, but here's a clear example of what's involved:

p1040709.jpg

I'll bring my helping hands and wire and cardas quad solder to use. I'm guessing you have the rest of the stuff needed? TY
icon10.gif

This meet will be fun.

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #65 of 250
Quote:

If the MK VI doesn't sell...it'd mean the guys get to hear a balanced tube amp.

Erm, well if the other chaps get the MK VII's in time (which is the same circuit as the MK VI but with additional SE inputs and outputs) there is no need for me to bring it. Not that I mind bringing it, but it seems rather pointless if someone else brings a MK VII.

In any case, all 3 of the DIY amps I'll bring are transformer coupled, balanced output. The 300B IV amp has balanced as well as SE inputs, so with the Transporter as source there will be at least one fully balanced setup all the way through. I'll bring adapters so that 1/4 inch jacks can be mated to all my (4 pin XLR) amps, so if others want to plug their SE phones into any of the amps they can. Likewise, I'll have a 2x 3 pin to 4 pin XLR adapter as well so that phones terminated with a pair of 3 pin XLR's can be plugged into a 4 pin XLR.

Quote:

Lol I don't mean to question your abilities but the iPod stuff to solder is TINY...

No problem. Just need to remember to bring the 'tiny' tip for the iron and a mag glass.

Quote:

I'll bring my helping hands and wire and cardas quad solder to use. I'm guessing you have the rest of the stuff needed?

Snap. Cardas is my solder of choice! Bring what you think will be needed. I'll bring a selection of tools, solder, wire, multimeter, etc. etc. I'm sure we'll have what we need.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #66 of 250
Isn't a MK VI much bigger in a diff case and much more expensive? Is it really just the tube equivalent...? I almost bought one *sigh*
My tiny soldering iron tip is sucky you dont want to use it. It only melts solder on the sides not the tip :S, and to think I bought a 3-pack of tips to get 3 tips I don't need...
Doesn't yours have a tiny tip? If tips are universal I could buy a tiny tip, as I could do with a working one.
From my rly limited experience so far, that cardas stuff melts like butter...
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #68 of 250
Quote:

Isn't a MK VI much bigger in a diff case and much more expensive? Is it really just the tube equivalent...? I almost bought one *sigh*

Well, I might be losing the plot, (so if the guys buying the MKVII's know better then chime in), but I thought the MK VII was basically a MK VI circuit and case, but that it adds a pair of RCA SE inputs and 1/4" SE output jack, whereas the MK VI has only the pair of 3 pin (balanced) XLR inputs and a pair of 3 pin (balanced) XLR outputs, plus 4 pin XLR (balanced) output. ie. no SE input/output.

Quote:

My tiny soldering iron tip is sucky you dont want to use it. It only melts solder on the sides not the tip :S, and to think I bought a 3-pack of tips to get 3 tips I don't need... Doesn't yours have a tiny tip? If tips are universal I could buy a tiny tip, as I could do with a working one.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. That was note to self. I must remember to bring my tiny tip (for my iron) and magnifier.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #70 of 250
Oh I'd be interested to come!

I may not have that much gear though - my raptor is busted atm and I haven't sent it in for repair. I have my HD650s and MHDT dac however, if that's of any use to anyone.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #71 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by vic1890 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I'd be interested to come!

I may not have that much gear though - my raptor is busted atm and I haven't sent it in for repair. I have my HD650s and MHDT dac however, if that's of any use to anyone.

You're welcome, don't worry about not having lots of gear, bring what you can or want to. I'll put you on the list.

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #73 of 250
Please keep all HD650s away from me.

It is coming up to xmas and I'm feeling lonely!

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #74 of 250
Lol there'll be like 3 there, 1 balanced, with balanced amps and DACs around.
Good luck with that.
I have a feeling that I shouldn't listen to HD800s in case they ruin my HD650s for me.

I'd like to add I'm bringing PORTAPROS and a Fiio E5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back