London (UK) meeting.
Nov 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #16 of 250
Lol I missed meetin Duggeh at the Manchester meet, damn flu....
ANYWAY
We've gotta figure out which area of London is equidistant to most of the attendees.
I'm in Middlesex, which I think is North London.

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #17 of 250
I had initially thought that we'd just meet to get to know each other first, then arrange to meet to hear gear, but of course we could do it all in one go.

I'm in Lewisham, on the edge of Blackheath in SE London. If there aren't tooooo many people (which I think there probably won't be) I could host at my home - it's the other end of London to some of you I know, but it means less having to get a space, less worrying about noise, it's comfortable, easy parking if you drive. Just an option...

As for kit, I've a Fostex T20v2, some '80s 600ohm dt990s and my main amp now is an 80's Cyrus One, which beat out my Heed for my use. I've a few other bits and pieces - not much to offer, but I'm happy to help however I can.

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #20 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had initially thought that we'd just meet to get to know each other first, then arrange to meet to hear gear, but of course we could do it all in one go.

I'm in Lewisham, on the edge of Blackheath in SE London. If there aren't tooooo many people (which I think there probably won't be) I could host at my home - it's the other end of London to some of you I know, but it means less having to get a space, less worrying about noise, it's comfortable, easy parking if you drive. Just an option...

As for kit, I've a Fostex T20v2, some '80s 600ohm dt990s and my main amp now is an 80's Cyrus One, which beat out my Heed for my use. I've a few other bits and pieces - not much to offer, but I'm happy to help however I can.

This is good for me. Im in SE London too. I could bring a couple of orthodynamic headphones. A CTH headphone amp.
If someone brings a v.high end Stax amplifier I could possibly bring an Stax O2 mki as well, but that depends on which travel method I get there.

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #21 of 250
I am based in SE London (Croydon to be precise) and depending on location would be able to bring my newly aquired balanced setup (buffalo and CKKIII) along.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #23 of 250
I was going to aks for availability of the place I mentioned. That was going to be between 50 and 75 PB for the whole place (quite big).

I've no problem driving to your place from here Lecky. My car should make it
eek.gif

How many so far? What day?
I'm afraid that before Christmas I'm now available only the 19th or 20th if a weekend. However I won't work after the 14th and I'm ready to come at weekdays too.

Cheers,
A

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #25 of 250
Hi guys, could be interested. I don't use a car in London so am restricted to carrying headphones and maybe the DAC1 and Canamp. I'm looking at amps for the HD800 at the mo e.g Lehmann BCL, SPL Auditor/Phonitor, tubes.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #26 of 250
Well, As I have a car I don't mind helping people move equipment, perhaps others might feel the same.
£50-£75 would be fine if there's enough people to share the cost, and if the location makes it easier for many. The place needs to have plenty of power sockets and easy parking.
19th or 20th would be fine for me.

Dec 6, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #29 of 250
That date is out for me, hopefully can come along to next one in 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back