London (UK) meeting.
Dec 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #46 of 250
OK, so details are on the opening post of this thread and I've sent PMs around, sorry if I accidentally missed you or double PM'd you! I'll add people to the list once they let me know that they can come for sure (you know, it's not a blood contract, just helps planning).

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #51 of 250
I should be able to make the Sunday. Will bring a couple of DIY tube amps, (if that's OK), plus Senn HD800, Senn HD650 and JVC DX1000. If I haven't sold the RS-1's before then, I'll bring them too so P4Z can have a listen. I also have several amps that I've put up for sale, Eddie Current Zana Deux, Little Dot MKVI, DIYHiFiSupply Chazz, and a Bijou. If they are not sold before the meet I'd be happy to bring one or more along, if there is any interest. Send me a PM if there is an amp you'd like to be there. I don't want to bring too much!

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #53 of 250
I am in. How much gear I bring depends on if I get a train or a lift. I can bring a CTH hybrid tube amp. A few select orthodynamic headphones.

IF I manage to grab a lift there and someone brings along a high end pro bias Stax amp I can bring along a Stax O2 mk1.

(EDIT: I will also have an iMod 5.5g with a V-cap dock, but be warned its just full of cheesy songs, so might not be so useful
wink.gif
. Also a mini3 portable amp).

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #56 of 250
It's looking really good.

I have a car and can perhaps help a bit with getting equipment here, I wonder if anyone else is bringing a car and would be willing to help a little in this way?

Also, if people bring extension leads with a few sockets then we'll have enough power to go around. I have a few, but it'd be a pity to have equipment not in use for want of power.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #57 of 250
Provisionally I'm ok for the Sunday
biggrin.gif

Will be coming down on the train as I already have an All Zone travelcard, although this will limit the equipment I can bring. What sources will we have available, that could be a limiting factor especially regarding cd players. I won't be able to bring my modded marantz as it's an old fragile player and weighs quite a lot now. Looking to bring:

Senn HD25-1 II
Grado HF-1
Black Gated Millett Hybrid MAX
Old school Millett Hybrid
ipod 5G

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #58 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can bring as much or as little kit as you'd like, of course the more the merrier for everyone else.

How big an area will we have? I mean no disrespect, but if I bring the kitchen sink (12 amps, 4 sources, and half a dozen pairs of phones) I doubt there will be room to set it all up and still leave room for other peoples gear!
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #59 of 250
I have a really cheap dvd/cd player with an optical out at least, and a rega planar for vinyl although the best I have for a phono stage is built into my Cyrus One. I mainly use my computer with V-DAC. There's another computer here so if there are DACs then we have a couple of plausible sources here.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #60 of 250
Parafeed, sounds like a lot of gear!

We have a bit of room, a 25x15 ft living room, a 6x3ft kitchen table with room around it, and we have other rooms with a bit of size that could be colonised if need be. Albeit that twelve amps does sound like a lot!
We'll do other meets if this works well, so if everything isn't here it'll be something to look forward to next time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back