London (UK) meeting.
Dec 9, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #76 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like you guys are going to have some fun. Enjoy!

I'm seriously thinking about let these guys organise my wedding next year!!!
Let's recap: I don't know where Lecky place is, but I'll find it one way or another, and I'll bring the DAC_I, MKVII and balanced DT880 with me...and maybe I'll ask someone to help me reterminate them (dual 3 pin XLR to single 4 pin XLR). As for the music, what about a pen drive with some FLACS on it?

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #77 of 250
I like the way this thread is no nonsense. And the meet was smack bang decided and done (thanks to lecky), unlike the general UK one which took forever it seemed.

Anyone have a high end Pro Bias Stax amp they can bring? It seems I will be able to catch a lift there so if the Stax amp is present I can bring a Stax O2 mk1.

I have decided one of the orthodynamics I will be bringing is a Yamaha YH-1000. Please note if you are interested in listening to this, that the earpads are stock pads from around 30 years ago which have badly peeling pleather. So if you wear it, you WILL get small bits of black pleather coming off onto your ears
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #78 of 250
I don't think anyone could complain about peeling pads on the YH-1000 considering they seem to be rare to the point of nearly being mythical.
Realmassy, glad you can come. My place isn't too difficult to find, not far from the station either.

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #79 of 250
I should be able to make that, so pencil me and the kit in my signature in, I will let you know as soon as I have my holiday plans confirmed!

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #81 of 250
lecky, could you screenshot a google maps diagram (it'll have a map, with the route drawn and directions listed) from the station, imageshack it and forward it to us? Or I could do it.

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #85 of 250
I just ordered my Little Dot MK VII, audiophilechina.com said it'll take 6-8 days, so even if it takes 8 days and they don't count Sundays it should arrive on time.
Woohoo, panicked anticipation time! Hehe.

I also ordered two yo-yos even though it's unrelated.

If my Denon DVD player (turns out it's one model down from the SACD playing one) has optical in, it'll be fun to compare it to my iPod when the amp arrives.

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #86 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered my Little Dot MK VII, audiophilechina.com said it'll take 6-8 days, so even if it takes 8 days and they don't count Sundays it should arrive on time.

Hope it arrives before the meet! Sorry, but the RS-1's have sold so I won't be able to bring them.

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #87 of 250
LOL. So have hughwis. Damn. There's always HF2s.
To cross more off my "equipment to try" list, are there any audio shops in London with high-end headphones I can try on the way there? Please don't list shops which might try to guilt me into buying kit after trying something please.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #88 of 250
Sorry for the absence people but I'd been slammed by a bad flu.

Of course I will come and bring my modded K340, my boutique MplletMax. I can also take my DT880/250 SE as it will be interesting to compare it with the balanced one somebody else is bringing over.
I've also a not completely boxed yet M3 amplifier.

As per sources, frankly, I'm not an iPod guy. Everything you find streamed around was once on a CD with unspecified quality of ripping independently by the compression. On top of this we are not even talking about how the stream is taken out of the PC and converted before it reaches the amp. This is not to say that streamed music is bad, on the contrary, but a dedicated high quality DAC chain and line amplification has any way to be used.

I'm planning to bring my re-clocked, recapped and chip modified CD80 (TDA1541S1 DAC still OS for now). And of course I will bring my CDs. Pleae feel free to bring yours. I will take over a modded PS1 player. Amusingly good for the price.

If I will have time I will try to claim back a DIY PP 2A3/45 amplifier I lent to a friend of mine and will build an adapter for the K340. I think this amp could be used to test other headphones as well but I can't guarantee it will be there. In this case I could even bring my TVC preamp but if you like to plug your sources in it it has XLR input sockets; so be advised.

Cheers,
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back