Logitech UE6000
Dec 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #287 of 366
i dunno about very sensitive.  i've seen them rated at 50ohm and 32ohm.  i dont know who to believe. 

http://www.engadget.com/products/logitech/ue/6000/specs/

http://www.cnet.com/products/logitech-ue-6000/specs/

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #288 of 366
  UE6000s are very sensitive, most mobile devices can power them pretty well - even my Nexus 4 (which had garbage output) was ok at full volume

You dont need a dedicated amp as much with these cans, theyre very good for portable use imo. 

Sorry I can't agree...it takes a lot of volume out of my X5 and I think it really comes alive with an amp

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #289 of 366
  i dunno about very sensitive.  i've seen them rated at 50ohm and 32ohm.  i dont know who to believe. 

http://www.engadget.com/products/logitech/ue/6000/specs/

http://www.cnet.com/products/logitech-ue-6000/specs/

Logitech reports 50ohm, ANC enabled. Tyll at Inner Fidelity reports (ANC off):
 Impedance and phase plots show these these headphones to be nicely behaved. Nominal impedance of the UE6000 is about 52 Ohms, with the UE9000 about 5 Ohms higher. Voltage required to achieve 90dBspl at the ear for both headphones was about 50mVrms, which makes them fairly easy to achieve solid listening levels with portable devices. The isolation and efficiency (not to mention the great sound quality) of these headphones makes them ideal for portable applications.

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #291 of 366
  ^^^what source are you using for your UE6000?  i needed an amp with my galaxy s3.  i too thought it lacked power and overall volum..... but just picked up an LG G3 and they dont seem to need an amp paired with the G3

I tried my phone, my laptop, and my magni+modi. My phone is pretty weak, so I'm not surprised. However, with the noise cancellation on they excel at low volume (sort of) listening. I think I'm going to get an Audioquest Dragonfly for them as I can't find anything cheaper to pair with them.

The Magni+Modi obviously drives it excellently.

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #292 of 366

I tried my phone, my laptop, and my magni+modi. My phone is pretty weak, so I'm not surprised. However, with the noise cancellation on they excel at low volume (sort of) listening. I think I'm going to get an Audioquest Dragonfly for them as I can't find anything cheaper to pair with them.

maybe fiio e11 for portable...I .have one and it does a good job

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #293 of 366

maybe fiio e11 for portable...I .have one and it does a good job

I meant transportable, sorry. I'm fine with the low volume out of the phone and I have my IEMs for that. I ordered a Dragonfly off of eBay (other choice was the e10k, there are literally no options for a small portable amp/dac under $75). We'll see how it goes.

Dec 15, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #294 of 366
Laptop->Non-trash USB cable->Modi->Non-trash RCA cables->Magni->UE6000 vs. LG Optimus L90-->UE6000 (

Unamped/no NC:
Isolation: A+;
Bass: Great; Mids: Slightly recessed, but still pretty neutral; Highs: Slight roll-off;
Volume: Low listening, but still detailed

Unamped/NC:
Isolation: AA;
Bass: Thumpy and fun, a little too boomy; Mids: Clearer, definite improvement; Highs: Sharper;
Volume: Perfect, the increase in power definitely made the sound better

Amped/no NC:
Isolation AA (Volume helps a lot);
Bass: Deeper reaching; Mids: Clearest, with slight recession; Highs: Still rolled-off no change;
Volume: Infinite

Amped/NC:
Isolation: AAA (can't hear anything around me at all);
Bass: Boomy, slightly deeper reaching; Mids: Forward and very much so; Highs: Odd, but worst of all combinations
Volume: Infinite+1

Preferred Listening Modes: No amp: NC on, With amp: NC off. Clearly, I feel like they benefit from some juice.
Also, the NC mode isn't as bad as most people would have you believe.

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #295 of 366

Preferred Listening Modes: No amp: NC on, With amp: NC off. Clearly, I feel like they benefit from some juice.
Also, the NC mode isn't as bad as most people would have you believe.

the NC mode is basically an internal amp (with eq/colouration), hence your findings. when paired with a vastly superior amp, double amping it with the internal amp is probably going to detract from the better amp.

passive mode with an external amp is definitely best way to listen to them in my opinion. but yes, as you say, unamped with NC is not too bad.

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #296 of 366
Hmm NC only makes low frequencies s bit quieter, but everything else I can hear clearly, especially voices. Though volume and the overblown bass help a lot to outblow surrounding noise :p

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #297 of 366
Hmm NC only makes low frequencies s bit quieter, but everything else I can hear clearly, especially voices. Though volume and the overblown bass help a lot to outblow surrounding noise :p
low frequency is definitely what it targets, and it doesn't do half bad. It will block out all of the low frequency droning in a car or on a bus quite effectively with ANC mode on.

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #298 of 366
I got the Logitech UE 6000 last week, my immpressions were that the sound of the UE 6000 was a bit too jumpy, lively and bass oriented. Behind the veil of all that excitment was a clear defined sound but unfortunately the fit of the headphone combined with the clouded sound signature meant it was not the headphone for me.

Ideally if i were to redesign it, i'd take away the fancy stuff, make the detail at the forfront, remove the bass and lighten the load.

Again, thanks for the help before, my search starts again. I may get some open headphones for home, although these are tricky trying in store.
On a seperate note I heard the B & W 7's, they were very expensive but wow, what a sound.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #300 of 366
I got the Logitech UE 6000 last week, my immpressions were that the sound of the UE 6000 was a bit too jumpy, lively and bass oriented. Behind the veil of all that excitment was a clear defined sound but unfortunately the fit of the headphone combined with the clouded sound signature meant it was not the headphone for me.

Ideally if i were to redesign it, i'd take away the fancy stuff, make the detail at the forfront, remove the bass and lighten the load.

Again, thanks for the help before, my search starts again. I may get some open headphones for home, although these are tricky trying in store.
On a seperate note I heard the B & W 7's, they were very expensive but wow, what a sound.
so you enjoy an analytical sound I assume... For an open back headphone for home, try the AKG K702/K701 if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back