Logitech support team doesn't know the difference between old and new Ultimate Ears models!
Sep 23, 2010 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

plailleur

New Head-Fier

[size=medium]
Bought a pair of Super.fi 5 pro in NYC back in 2007.

These were to replace my Koss Porta Pros (had 2) as I wanted something really portable at that time. Wasn't pleased with the price value of the Shures e4c (as compared to e3c) and couldn't afford the e5c.

Like many other buyers of these earbuds the cables turned green and became rigid over time. I had Ultimate Ears sending me two new cables (one /year) before another quality failure when the left earbud soldering with the cable plug broke.

Since Logitech bought Ultimate Ears, I got another problem with my earbuds. Unfortunately, I had to send mine back in order to have them replaced...by the new version which, apart from the name, isn't the same product AT ALL! In fact, the new ones sell for 100USD, less than half the price I paid for the previous ones. I'm trying to get a refund currently or an equivalent replacement.

Logitech != Ultimate Ears....

ps: I received my TMA-1 just in time.
[/size]

Sep 23, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 8
the  Super.fi 5 pro have been discontinued, Which ones are the offering you as a replacement the eu700's?

I've just had my SFP5EB's do exactly the same thing (cable pulled out the connector) and I got a full refund from the retailer I purchased them form. 

Sep 23, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #3 of 8
That is because Super.fi 5 Pro has been discontinued, and manufacturer generally only requires to replace discontinued products with model of similar performance or price. Hence I believe this is why they send you the UE600 (I believe that is what you received, right?). The UE600 is also known as Super.fi 5 (just 5, no 'pro') and sell as the same level of product as Super.fi 5 Pro and 5 EB as it features a new kind of BA driver. The MSRP is around $170 at first release, but they dropped the price to $99 just last month.

Sep 24, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 8
I actually find the new SF5 to be better sounding than the dual-driver SF5Pro, not to mention infinitely more comfortable.

The SF5Pro and SF5EB really were not worth the high price at all, considering their rather poor overall performance - the new SF5 are reasonably priced for what they are, in my opinion.

Oct 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 8
Thank you!

Actually they sent me the new Super.fi 5 and not the UE600. Anyway, my complaints have been heard and I'm getting Triple.Fi 10 next week.

Thumbs up for Logitech on that move. Wasn't expecting the triple, more likely the UE600.

Oct 10, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #6 of 8
Man, they got so many names for these things it does my head in. 

Can't they just called them 1,2,3,4 etc? 

Oct 10, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Thank you!

Actually they sent me the new Super.fi 5 and not the UE600. Anyway, my complaints have been heard and I'm getting Triple.Fi 10 next week.

Thumbs up for Logitech on that move. Wasn't expecting the triple, more likely the UE600.

Not important now, but you should know that those two are actually the same model. Irony.

Quote:
Man, they got so many names for these things it does my head in. 

Can't they just called them 1,2,3,4 etc? 

Oh wait, I just checked the UE website and the Ex-Super.fi5-turned-UE600 is again the Super.fi 5. Ha!

Oct 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #8 of 8
Like you said, it's really not that important now.

The new Super.fi 5 may sound equivalent or better than the old ones but I could only have verified by opening the box, then I wouldn't have been able to send them back.

Anyway, I'm happy they agreed to send the Triple.Fi 10. Judging from the reviews on head-fi, I shouldn't be too worried.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back