[Loads of good Schiit!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017

1. dontfeedphils
    Nice! Currently trying to offload some stuff to pick one up. If I don't have one by then I'll definitely be buying up some tickets.

2. koover
    A little more then a month to go. Who else is coming?

3. pctazhp
    I plan to be there

koover likes this.
  4. funch
    My gear is pretty much in flux atm, but here's what I will bring:

Yggy
    DoodleBug USB de-crapifier
    pupDAC
    Two of these: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...ss-a-wintergreen-handwarmer-by-xrk971.833106/
    one optimized for low-Z 'phones, the other for hi-Z. You absolutely must hear these. Very eye opening.
    AMB Labs DIY M3 (M Cubed) amp. An older design, but a stellar performer, especially for the $. ATM I have an SE unit, but may be building a balanced one.
    Chord Hugo TT (unless it is sold by then).
    M2Tech HiFace Evo USB-to-S/PDIF converter.
    Uptone Audio Regen
    HD 800 SDR mod
    DIY T50RP 'Plastic Pantz'

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017 at 11:54 AM
    koover likes this.
  5. balderon Contributor
    I am planning on attending the meet and will contribute to help offset the additional costs.

Eddie Current Balancing Act with Mullard ECC35 ADZAM / EML 300b-mesh
    Woo Audio WA6 (modded) wiith EML 274b / TSRP 6SN7
    Cullen IV PS Audio DLIII DAC
    Musiland Dragon USB->ASIO
    Senn HD-800 with DIY Cardas balanced "Fat-Pipe" cable
    Denon D7000 with J$ V3 pads
    Audeze LCD-1 (only 25 produced)
    EarSonics Velvet V2 IEM (trying to locate extra tips)

koover likes this.
  6. koover
    Very nice gear. I almost just want to leave everything home and just hang out at your table all day. :L3000:
    I believe this is going to be 1 hellava meet guys! Anyone else committing on attending?

balderon likes this.
  7. Astral Abyss
    I'm not committing to anything, but I was thinking of attending and bringing my Singularity-19, aka the worst DAC ever made, as known by some, along with my C-2 amp and Dharma D1000 headphones. Maybe just for laughs... or maybe you'll like it, as I do... But will you admit it?

koover likes this.
  8. pctazhp
    I listed what I would bring, but that was a while back. I can bring my Feliks-Audio Euforia OTL and my HD800S. Virtually all of my listening is Tidal HD, but I don't have a laptop to bring, so right now I'm not planning on bringing a source. I may have a Gumby by then with Gen5 USB, but not sure how well it would work without adequate on-time at the meet, and again lack of laptop is a problem. Anyway, this will be my first meet so I'm looking forward ot it.

koover likes this.
  9. dontfeedphils
    Sidetrack, but if you have a halfway decent Android tablet or phone you can use UAPP w/Tidal and get bit-perfect audio out with pretty good quality. It's also the only way I've seen to get access to Tidal's MQA stuff on mobile (FWIW). I switch between my Nexus 6P and laptop as source, usually depends on which is closer to me at the time.

cskippy likes this.
  10. pctazhp
    Good point. I have a Galaxy S7 and a 2 year old Samsung Tablet. I can probably manage to get one of them set up by the meet :smile_phones:

dontfeedphils likes this.
  11. Coolzo
    Updated the thread OP to be more readable (hopefully), and to contain the new gears up to this point. I think alot of stuff is about to be announced very soon, so yee. Hypehypehype!

cskippy likes this.
  12. balderon Contributor
    Any news about the availability of outlets at this venue? Should I bring my 100kw generator just in case? :ksc75smile:

koover likes this.
  13. ibob4tacoz
    Will Chris be here?

Been out of the game for quite awhile, not sure some of you have noticed. Gotta check my schedule, not sure if I have an invitational meet that weekend, but if not, I should be coming in.

14. Coolzo
    Speaking of Chris, I just realized... the dude hasn't even posted in this thread yet. How peculiar! But, indeed Chris @Destroysall will be present.

EDIT: Just kidding. But few posts!

15. Muinarc
    I noticed you haven't been around. Stop being a stranger and come to this one!

I will be bringing some other goodies but I'll keep them a secret :wink: