Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jan 12, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #439 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by eversuns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So when do ears stop growing? I am 16 and was considering getting customs until I read about change in ear shape and canal :S

My understanding from my audiologist is that the ears do have growth changes throughout life, like the rest of the human body to varying degrees.

Net articles discuss what changes and how - Re: Ive heard 'Ears and nose do not ever stop growing.' Is this true, Circaseptennial rhythm in ear growth -- Verhulst and Onghena 313 (7072): 1597 -- BMJ.

I'm not sure whether ear growth is more dramatic, like the rest of the body, during teenage years. I do know that contrary to some previous comment on HeadFi that indicated my Livewires might need recasting after as little as 3 years, my audiologist thought they'd serve me well for 10+ years before facing any growth issues (I'm in my early 40s).

Jan 12, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #440 of 3,902
hmm so I guess seeing an audiologist would be the best idea then
biggrin.gif

Thanks webbie!

Jan 12, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #441 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by eversuns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So when do ears stop growing? I am 16 and was considering getting customs until I read about change in ear shape and canal :S

Same here. I wouldn't worry about it though. They'll fit good at least a couple more years.

I wish I could go all out on livewires since it'll keep me going till college. It's only $50 more but a dollar over $200 is not in my price range and these are not in my "age range" either.
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #442 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been pretty cold in Northen Ireland recently and I've used mine without problems. With gloves on using my method as mentioned above it's pretty quick and simple if you need to hear someone, without taking them out completely. Then you can push them back in to continue your listening pleasure.
biggrin.gif

Sweet sounds great! Thanks for the info. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how long do these things take after one orders? I'm in Canada too.

I'm just going to audiologist on Monday. So I'm not sure.

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #443 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been pretty cold in Northen Ireland recently and I've used mine without problems. With gloves on using my method as mentioned above it's pretty quick and simple if you need to hear someone, without taking them out completely. Then you can push them back in to continue your listening pleasure.
biggrin.gif

Hi Kosmic.
Have you recieved the LW without paying duty fees or something as I see you live in N. Ireland. I live in Ireland and I am a bit afraid of it.

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #444 of 3,902
I recently lost my musicians earplugs that were custom made and my customs from westone just crapped out.....

Has anyone with Livewires ever tried using them (without the cable attached) as simple earplugs? Does the open connector port let in too much sound? How is the isolation and attenuation WITHOUT the cables attached?

Maybe I can save money and only get one product to serve both needs!

Thanks in advance for your input.

Kevin

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #445 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ODEKK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently lost my musicians earplugs that were custom made and my customs from westone just crapped out.....

Has anyone with Livewires ever tried using them (without the cable attached) as simple earplugs? Does the open connector port let in too much sound? How is the isolation and attenuation WITHOUT the cables attached?

Kevin

They work very well as earplugs, although i doubt they'll provide as flat attenuation as musician's plugs. Depends how much fidelity you need i suppose.

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #446 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by janruzinsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Kosmic.
Have you recieved the LW without paying duty fees or something as I see you live in N. Ireland. I live in Ireland and I am a bit afraid of it.

Well Northern Ireland is in the UK. Not that I'd delibertly cheat HM Customs and excise, my came through without a problem
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #447 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by janruzinsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Kosmic.

Mine were a birthday present.
cool.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #448 of 3,902
Anyone listened to the Virtual Haircut with their livewires? Virtual Haircut

The scissor effect cutting near your ear actually had me thinking some one was cutting their.

Jan 13, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #449 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ODEKK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kevin

Yes, I used them 2 weeks ago as earplugs while we cut floor tile, and they did an excellent job saving my ears from the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back