Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jan 10, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #422 of 3,902
just wanted to show off my new purchase....not the livewires, but the case...

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

It was this toothpaste blue or pink...so I went for the blue...fits perfectly!

Jan 11, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #423 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

!

Nice little case, suits the livewires perfectly with the individual compartments.

Jan 11, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #425 of 3,902
looks like a pillbox to me.. most drugstores will sell something to that effect.

Jan 11, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #426 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

It was this toothpaste blue or pink...so I went for the blue...fits perfectly!

How long is your cable, I decided to add $5 for the 64" cable.

Jan 11, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #428 of 3,902
Does anyone have any experience with these things in temperatures below freezing?

Do they work fine?

Can they still be takin in and out of ear while outside or does the variation involume make them stuck?

Can they be taking off with gloves on?

Jan 11, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #429 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any experience with these things in temperatures below freezing?

Do they work fine?

Can they still be takin in and out of ear while outside or does the variation involume make them stuck?

Can they be taking off with gloves on?

Your body temp should keep them ok, especially if you wear them under a hat or something. I don't know if i'd want to take them out of my ears in sub zero conditions, if only because they'd be cold when i put them back in my ear, making me cold
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #430 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your body temp should keep them ok, especially if you wear them under a hat or something. I don't know if i'd want to take them out of my ears in sub zero conditions, if only because they'd be cold when i put them back in my ear, making me cold
tongue.gif

I'm just thinking in case I run into something on the walk to the bus stop. Wouldnt want to have to give like hand signals to signify I can't hear you cause I have a bitchin' set of custom headphones and I can't take them out due to the coefficient of heat transfer of the custom material.

Ok well... maybe i could put it in a fewer words but still.... it most likely would not be for long. Cold ear sensation does not equal good.

Jan 12, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #431 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just thinking in case I run into something on the walk to the bus stop. Wouldnt want to have to give like hand signals to signify I can't hear you cause I have a bitchin' set of custom headphones and I can't take them out due to the coefficient of heat transfer of the custom material.

Ok well... maybe i could put it in a fewer words but still.... it most likely would not be for long. Cold ear sensation does not equal good.

You should be able to hear someone enough (well, just) if you stop the music, otherwise you can use Kosmic's PTH method where you push up under the ear enough to break the seal, but not so much that the earpiece comes all the way out.

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #432 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should be able to hear someone enough (well, just) if you stop the music, otherwise you can use Kosmic's PTH method where you push up under the ear enough to break the seal, but not so much that the earpiece comes all the way out.

It's been pretty cold in Northen Ireland recently and I've used mine without problems. With gloves on using my method as mentioned above it's pretty quick and simple if you need to hear someone, without taking them out completely. Then you can push them back in to continue your listening pleasure.
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #435 of 3,902
I'm interested in getting a set. On the livewires site, it only appears that there is one model. Is this true?

What other options do I have other than the superfreqs and the livewires for around the same prices?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back