Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
Dec 7, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #2,881 of 3,408

Check all the screws in the amp make sure they are tight nothing is  loosed,Clean the tube pins,Try swapping the RCA input cable(left to right/right to left) 

Done all. It was the tubes. The old ones 6n6p. Are dead quite. The ir had the issue. Maybe matching problem. Byt even after swapping the tubes the noise was from the right channel. That was strange

It was like ground issues due to some tube shorting or EMI maybe but i am not sure

Alot of the times its either a tube or just cleaning the pins 

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #2,882 of 3,408
I would like to know what all power tubes are direct fit and swap. for the ld mk iii

Thanks

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #2,883 of 3,408

Check all the screws in the amp make sure they are tight nothing is  loosed,Clean the tube pins,Try swapping the RCA input cable(left to right/right to left) 

Done all. It was the tubes. The old ones 6n6p. Are dead quite. The ir had the issue. Maybe matching problem. Byt even after swapping the tubes the noise was from the right channel. That was strange

It was like ground issues due to some tube shorting or EMI maybe but i am not sure

So get a new one..............
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #2,887 of 3,408
  hey Mikelap,
  how did you removed the tube rings?

Thanks!

i ground them until i got to the screws without going right thru the ring not to damage case then bent them came right out screw on the left ring fell in amp so unscrewed the face and shook them out but be careful make shure you dont move around the wires soldered to the pot i had 3 of them come apart luckily 1 at a time so i could solder them back on what i did is unplug the little wire harness for the pot .Did same for right ring but screws did not fall in amp looks like  there resting on wires .Looks alot nicer with one less adapter to add.
   i might add that rings are available on ebay with the inside diameter big enough to clear 6SN7 o.d.                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/321137969163?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT                                       

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #2,888 of 3,408

hey Mikelap,
  how did you removed the tube rings?

Thanks!

i ground them until i got to the screws without going right thru the ring not to damage case then bent them came right out screw on the left ring fell in amp so unscrewed the face and shook them out but be careful make shure you dont move around the wires soldered to the pot i had 3 of them come apart luckily 1 at a time so i could solder them back on what i did is unplug the little wire harness for the pot .Did same for right ring but screws did not fall in amp looks like  there resting on wires .Looks alot nicer with one less adapter to add.
   i might add that rings are available on ebay with the inside diameter big enough to clear 6SN7 o.d.                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/321137969163?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT                                       

WOW! those rings are not so cheap maybe i should saved mine.
biggrin.gif
Anyway THANKS a lot!So grinding it is.

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #2,889 of 3,408
Hi guys,

i buy it LD MK3 1 month ago with upgraded tubes Mullard M8100/CV4010 and i use this with SENNHEISER HD650 .The sound is v.nice but i feel i miss some of the high frecvency range so you can tell me some of the tubes with clear highs?Thx.in advance!

Dec 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2,890 of 3,408
First of all you will not get a lot of highs from the HD650 The highs on this Headphone is just enough not like the DT880 or Q701,You can try 6HM5 Yogu.

I must add that the HD650 sound thin with the MK III.

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #2,892 of 3,408
  I would like to know what all power tubes are direct fit and swap. for the ld mk iii

Thanks

I was just reading the manual for other reasons, and saw this: 6N6, 6N6P, 6N6P-I, and 6H6n-N.  p6H30 is possible with circuit revision 2.0 and higher.

To open the Little Dot (to check the revision version, but also to access the jumpers easier), do you need to unscrew the 4 screws at the front panel?

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #2,893 of 3,408
Hi guys,

i buy it LD MK3 1 month ago with upgraded tubes Mullard M8100/CV4010 and i use this with SENNHEISER HD650 .The sound is v.nice but i feel i miss some of the high frecvency range so you can tell me some of the tubes with clear highs?Thx.in advance!

Try the Voskhod driver tubes. They are not expensive, either...

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #2,894 of 3,408

Thanks

I was just reading the manual for other reasons, and saw this: 6N6, 6N6P, 6N6P-I, and 6H6n-N.  p6H30 is possible with circuit revision 2.0 and higher.

To open the Little Dot (to check the revision version, but also to access the jumpers easier), do you need to unscrew the 4 screws at the front panel?

Just flip it over and look on the volume knob side of the amp in one of the peep holes with a flashlight towards the side of the amp like picture .Mine is a 2012 model and it has a revision 2.0 board   if its more recent i think its a revision 4.0                                                                                                                              

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #2,895 of 3,408
  Just flip it over and look on the volume knob side of the amp in one of the peep holes with a flashlight towards the side of the amp like picture .Mine is a 2012 model and it has a revision 2.0 board   if its more recent i think its a revision 4.0                                                                                                                              

The searching took a while, but I found it: 4.0!
biggrin.gif
 Thx!

Still, for accessing the switches if I want to try different sorts of tubes in a possible future, I think it's easier to open it up, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back