Little Dot MK VI+
Aug 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #16 of 19
the fan noise has never been an issue for me.
i have my MKVI+ in my computer rig, though.  and my computer's fans are loud enough to make me want to throw it out the window sometimes.

Aug 20, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #17 of 19
I see you also have the Apex Peak, which I was considering buying initially but couldn't get myself to spend so much on a headphone amp,  how does it sound compared to the MKVI+?

Aug 20, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
I see you also have the Apex Peak, which I was considering buying initially but couldn't get myself to spend so much on a headphone amp,  how does it sound compared to the MKVI+?

hard to say.  they are in different rigs, being fed by different dacs.  and i'm using them with different headphones.
i guess i'll say that i had to spend 3x the cost of the little dot to get an amp that is just a bit better.
so, really, that says more about the MKVI than it does about the peak...

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the fan noise has never been an issue for me.
i have my MKVI+ in my computer rig, though.  and my computer's fans are loud enough to make me want to throw it out the window sometimes.

My Little Dot's are on my computer setup as well. I have a special version of Gigabyte
case that is heavily modified for very low noise and built with low noise parts and high quality PS with low ripple.  Still, silent is golden except for the music! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back