Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Feb 12, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #91 of 2,724
i used the little-dot with grado hf-2 and i loved the sound.
for me, the amplifier drive 32 ohm without problem
aldo

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #92 of 2,724
I guess this buzz problem dues to the ground wire of SE and 3 pin XLR output. 4 pin XLR output may not be affected because it does not have ground pin. I am waiting for my 4 pin XLR headphone cable to verify that.

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #93 of 2,724
You could be right, I hadn't considered that my low ohm or high efficiency phones were using unbalanced.

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #99 of 2,724

Quote:
Now you're just teasing....

Sorry, I am too busy today to type more details about it. This picture came from a present user (maybe the only one) of this new upgraded MK VIII. All components are top of the top class, either quality or price. Even one of those capacitances in this picture costs hundreds dollars. And all the wires in this amp are silver, silver-glod alloy or Cardas wire. This user also spent thousands of dollar for tubes. I guess this amp would be beyond $10k although this user doesn't want to talk about price. Mr. Yang is still modifying it with some affordable components, and try to get similar performance as this one.  Have to wait longer.

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #101 of 2,724

Quote:
Hi icefish,

The Mk VI I tried had the buzz in the single ended, but none in the balanced ended

I received my balanced headphone cables of HD800 and LCD-2 today. Yes, the 4-PIN XLR output is deadly quiet. I think we are close to address the problem. I found a weird black wire connect to ground pin of SE and balanced pre amp out. I don' t know where it comes from. I will ask Mr. Yang whether I can disconnect this wire. That could  remove this strange ground noise. 

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #102 of 2,724

Quote:
I guess this buzz problem dues to the ground wire of SE and 3 pin XLR output. 4 pin XLR output may not be affected because it does not have ground pin. I am waiting for my 4 pin XLR headphone cable to verify that.

Yes now that i think about it, the 4pin xlr is very noise free, but the SE and 3pin xlr that i use as pre-amp output, do have noise, I feel we are getting closer to figuring this out, for me It is important to use the pre-amp out.

The  4Pin xlr has both the left and right channel signals as blue and brown and a Ground black cable that connects somewhere.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #103 of 2,724
Snip the ground wire on the 3 pin XLR will eliminate the noise from the pre-outs.  The real problem is that you have a poorly connected ground somewhere creating a voltage difference.  The real solution is to find this poor earth.  Set your multimeter to millivolts and check every earth before and after the joint - there should show no voltages...when you get a voltage reading, this is your poor earth join.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #104 of 2,724
i tell my stupidity:
when I was a little-dot amplifier was quiet  but sometimes appeared to be a hum
This hum disappeared when I changed to place the tubes or change the type of tubes 
i think that the problem comes to the tubes
ldo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back