Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Oct 1, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #121 of 2,724
Well i'm a new owner as well. It only took 3 days to arrive in my country, but then again I live in south east asia so it's closer to China. 

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #122 of 2,724

Quote:
Ordering mine this weekend, before the agonizing 3-5 week wait :frowning2: Looking forward to comparing this against my lyr and wa5 with the LCD 2.2s, K701s and Dt 880s. Btw, roughly how long did it take for you guys units to ship? Is the 3-5 week estimate accurate or a worse case scenario?

Mine was close to 5 weeks (maybe a few days shy). Try to keep yourself occupied with other things. I'd like to hear a review against the Lyr and WA5. It would be interesting to see how they stack up. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #123 of 2,724

Quote:
Mine was close to 5 weeks (maybe a few days shy). Try to keep yourself occupied with other things. I'd like to hear a review against the Lyr and WA5. It would be interesting to see how they stack up. 

Yup, will be posting impressions once I get the mk6+. Hopefully my order will come in at the shorter end of the possible delivery time :)

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #124 of 2,724
Hey guys, actually, after going through all the threads on the mk6/6+, I haven't really been able to discern a clear recommendation for a good set of affordable driver and power tubes to roll. Mind giving me some suggestions?

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #126 of 2,724

Has anyone done any heavy modification to theirs? I haven't seen to much info on mods for this amp, but people have talked about it.

Quote:
I love mine but only out of the balanced port.  Has anyone tried anything to clean up the hum on the 1/4" port?

I don't think anyone has. I've definitely got it with mine too. Really makes the line out useless.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #127 of 2,724

Quote:
Has anyone done any heavy modification to theirs? I haven't seen to much info on mods for this amp, but people have talked about it.

I don't think anyone has. I've definitely got it with mine too. Really makes the line out useless.

That kinda sucks, but it wont affect me too badly since I wont be using it single ended or as a pre-amp.

Oct 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #128 of 2,724
This amp is a  pure balanced design so the SE out is only there for convenience sake. I personally prefer a great sounding balanced amp with a mediocre SE output  than the opposite. Well! it would be nice to have both outputs sounding great but considering the  price of this amp, I don't mind compromising. I  believe the MKVI provide the best SQ/money if you can be bothered to re-terminate  your cans. I has been favorably compared to Woo W22 and EC Balancing Act, which cost a lot more.
Anyway I am enjoying mine very much. I only wish the gain setting was accessible without opening the case as my favourite cans are DX1000 and HE-6.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #129 of 2,724
Certainly the gain setting being more convenient would have been really nice. The SE output isn't really a convenience if you can't really use it. The hum is loud enough on more sensitive phones to become really irritating to the point I don't use it.

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #130 of 2,724
the little-dot mk VI was born pure balanced(i had the first version).
with se output is only half amplifier connected.
performance is slightly lower compared to the balanced beta-22.
in my opinon, one part very cheap in this amplifier is the alps pot and driver tubes
for the rest, only first choice
@zenpunk: the dx-1000 was my big love; modded is fantastic

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #131 of 2,724
The DX1000 remains my favourite headphone ( tried all the top tier phones) . Balanced and paired with the  MKVI+, the bass is incredibly taut and controlled, and the treble really open up.

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #135 of 2,724

Quote:
The DX1000 remains my favourite headphone ( tried all the top tier phones) . Balanced and paired with the  MKVI+, the bass is incredibly taut and controlled, and the treble really open up.

i agree with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back