Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Feb 5, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #82 of 2,724
I think I'll end up just getting the VI+.  I'm slightly confused because the VIII costs a lot more, but the VI+ delivers a lot more power. It seems the pricing should be flipped, or the VIII has a more improved sound signature.

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #83 of 2,724
In fact, VIII is designed for high impedance headphone. It does not work well with low impedance cans as VI.
Actually,  Mr. Yang  made VI for K1000 and VIII for HD800. He ordered some custom components  from EU for VIII. Those components are really more expensive than regular model. So VIII has higher price but lower output power.
BTW: An ultimate edition of VIII is coming soon after Chinese new year. It will contain some high-end class components and will also have much higher price (2-3 fold higher than SE I guess). I am just planning to get that one later this year.
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #85 of 2,724

Quote:
In fact, VIII is designed for high impedance headphone. It does not work well with low impedance cans as VI.
Actually,  Mr. Yang  made VI for K1000 and VIII for HD800. He ordered some custom components  from EU for VIII. Those components are really more expensive than regular model. So VIII has higher price but lower output power.
BTW: An ultimate edition of VIII is coming soon after Chinese new year. It will contain some high-end class components and will also have much higher price (2-3 fold higher than SE I guess). I am just planning to get that one later this year.
tongue_smile.gif

Nice, thanks for sharing this! A new statement flagship model is really interesting. 

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #87 of 2,724
In chinese forum of LD. This amp won a competition of headphone amp last month in Hongkong. I just asked Mr. Yang when it will be available. He said LD will start to accept order after new year holiday. Price is varied, depends on what components you choose. Here are some pic of this amp on that competition.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #89 of 2,724
i had a little-dot mkVI(first version).
terrificant relation quality/price.
drive from 32 ohm to 600 ohm and the akg k-1000.
i used with grado hf-2(very nice) and the hd-800(espectacular with jazz).
at this price not better..
between the VI and the VIII, buy back the VI
aldo

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #90 of 2,724
In my experience the MKVI is not suitable for any headphones that have either lower than 120ohm impedance and/or with high sensitivity. It is really a Mack truck meant for the big heavy jobs. I used my RE262 IEMs which are somewhere around 100ohms, but somewhat high sensitivity and got substantial buzz. On my HD600 or HE-6 or any other less sensitive or higher ohm (such as HD800, K1000, HE-5LE, etc) I never experienced any buzz.

This amp is fairly limited it what it works for, but what it works for, it is absolutely brilliant. I love purpose built equipment that is amazing at it's desired goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back