Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Aug 29, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #2,461 of 2,724
I had a couple of flags for this thread... I know I may be a bit lake, but they were about heat. the VIII gets hot as ****. I had the M-Caps put in and it came with no fans because the caps got in the way. If you run that bitch like that without fans it will be hot enough to warm the food in your dorm. I crap you not folks, way to hot for comfort. I put fans, "outside" the case because it was scary hot...

No BS here. just trying to give back. HOTAS****!

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #2,462 of 2,724
I had a couple of flags for this thread... I know I may be a bit lake, but they were about heat. the VIII gets hot as ****. I had the M-Caps put in and it came with no fans because the caps got in the way. If you run that bitch like that without fans it will be hot enough to warm the food in your dorm. I **** you not folks, way to hot for comfort. I put fans, "outside" the case because it was scary hot...

No BS here. just trying to give back. HOTAS****!

Thanks for letting me know, I've read some reviews around the web and it doesn't look like the amp for me anymore.

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #2,463 of 2,724
Hi

Can someone confirm that i have got this right. I'm looking at the MKVI+ Vs the MKVIII se for my Fostex TH-900 mk2 (balanced). What i have read the MKVI+ would be the better match due to it's impedance of 25ohm.
I'm no expert so please give me a second opinion :)
Thanks!

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #2,467 of 2,724
This a great amp, and if you do not upgrade the caps, it will come with internal fans... the problem crops up if you get the larger Mundorf caps. If you do this, there is no room for the internal fans and you are going to need some cooling.

I LOVE the amp. :)

JT

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #2,468 of 2,724
Hi

Can someone confirm that i have got this right. I'm looking at the MKVI+ Vs the MKVIII se for my Fostex TH-900 mk2 (balanced). What i have read the MKVI+ would be the better match due to it's impedance of 25ohm.
I'm no expert so please give me a second opinion :)
Thanks!
You are correct. According to http://www.littledot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=871

"The Little Dot MK VIII SE is designed to be used with high impedance headphones like Sennheisers (HD600, HD650, HD800) and Beyerdynamics."

On the other hand, the Little Dot MK VI+ is a high current beast, able to drive pretty much anything. Mine drives the following headphones with complete authority:
  • HD-650 = 300Ω
  • ATH-M50x = 38Ω (SE)
  • LCD-2 = 50Ω
  • TH-X00 = 25Ω (SE)
  • LCD-4 = 200Ω

- Dave

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #2,469 of 2,724
You are correct. According to http://www.littledot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=871

"The Little Dot MK VIII SE is designed to be used with high impedance headphones like Sennheisers (HD600, HD650, HD800) and Beyerdynamics."

On the other hand, the Little Dot MK VI+ is a high current beast, able to drive pretty much anything. Mine drives the following headphones with complete authority:
  • HD-650 = 300Ω
  • ATH-M50x = 38Ω (SE)
  • LCD-2 = 50Ω
  • TH-X00 = 25Ω (SE)
  • LCD-4 = 200Ω

- Dave
Ok thanks, I will go with the MKVI+ then :)
I have sold my LD MKIV SE that i loved very much but want to try something else.
Also use a Oppo HA-1 but want to go back to tubes again.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #2,470 of 2,724
This a great amp, and if you do not upgrade the caps, it will come with internal fans... the problem crops up if you get the larger Mundorf caps. If you do this, there is no room for the internal fans and you are going to need some cooling.

I LOVE the amp. :)

JT

you could always use a laptop cooler under the amp. That is what I did since mine came with no fans and had the Mundorf caps. No problems with heat. YMMV

Sep 2, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #2,472 of 2,724
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back