Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Jan 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,441 of 2,724
I have never bought from tubedepot, so not sure. I mentioned vacuumtubes.net. They can ship to Sweden. There must be some good shops in Sweden and certainly somewhere in the EU. Maybe someone from a Europe will reply. Try google. Good luck. As I mentioned, I like the TungSol 5998. Just be sure to buy from a reputable dealer. There are many bad tubes. Either used to the brink of death, counterfeit, cheap tubes relabeled as rare tubes...etc... Buy from someone that you can return to if the tubes are no good.

Jan 25, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #1,442 of 2,724
Jan 25, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #1,444 of 2,724
Matched are best. At least match the two right and two left, and the two 6SU7.

I recommend getting a quad of Chattum 5998 and a pair of 6SU7GTY(brown base, black glass, short) Cost you about $360 for all of them and you will be set . Don't do what I did and go crazy buying Western electric. The Chattums will be great! And the 5998 is probably the best look, too.

Karllin, i would want that test 6sn7(GTA Equivalent) of sophia electric.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #1,445 of 2,724
Never heard of Sophia Electric. I looked at their website, just now. Looks like a group of a Chinese who are making new knockoffs from other companies designs, then charging very high prices. Remember the reason a lot of these tubes, like western electric 421A are expensive is they are rare and are out of production. Tubes made in China and Russia, that are still being mass produced, should not be so expensive. There are alt of 5998 looking tubes in China that sell for $10 or $15, but I would never stick one on my amp. And I noticed that Sophia charges an extra $25 for a one year warranty. I have no idea about their product, but they don't have much confidence in their own product, if they only give you a 30-day warranty.

Be careful. :)

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #1,446 of 2,724
Never heard of Sophia Electric. I looked at their website, just now. Looks like a group of a Chinese who are making new knockoffs from other companies designs, then charging very high prices. Remember the reason a lot of these tubes, like western electric 421A are expensive is they are rare and are out of production. Tubes made in China and Russia, that are still being mass produced, should not be so expensive. There are alt of 5998 looking tubes in China that sell for $10 or $15, but I would never stick one on my amp. And I noticed that Sophia charges an extra $25 for a one year warranty. I have no idea about their product, but they don't have much confidence in their own product, if they only give you a 30-day warranty.

Be careful.
smily_headphones1.gif

I never had problem with them, also woo audio buy to them to supply as the best upgrade possible that their offer, and woo audio has high reputation in this forum as audio company.

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,447 of 2,724
You are right, woo does sell them. It means they are pretty good. I have never tried them. The Wu family seems to be doing well in the tube and amp business. Wonder if they are related?

I still prefer buying made in USA NOS tubes, until they all disappear or get to the point I can't afford them. At least, Sophia will be there when that happens. Good to know!

Thanks for the info. I had not looked into the Woo equipment details.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #1,449 of 2,724
I would say enjoy the tubes you have, and when they try some different ones. They'll be on their way to the grave in a few years. Then you can adopt a new set.

Regardless of which tubes you use, the Little Dot is a great sounding amp and well worth the price. Plus the guy that makes them is quite interesting, yet, but no English.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #1,450 of 2,724
You are right, woo does sell them. It means they are pretty good. I have never tried them. The Wu family seems to be doing well in the tube and amp business. Wonder if they are related?

I still prefer buying made in USA NOS tubes, until they all disappear or get to the point I can't afford them. At least, Sophia will be there when that happens. Good to know!

Thanks for the info. I had not looked into the Woo equipment details.

it's not only Woo audio ... Apex Pinnacle use Sophia Electric tubes ... and all of them tubes are Made in USA, if those tubes would made in china would have a lot of copies.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,451 of 2,724
I am sure they are great tubes, a lot of great reviews. Made in USA, they are certainly not. They would likely not make money at those prices if they produced them in the USA . Too many. Requirements and high labor. Nothing wrong with China made stuff. I am in China. You are right. Everything is copied, but they prefer to copy things that are easy to sell and in huge numbers, like beats audio and jawbone stuff.

Sophia builds their amps in the USA, not their tubes.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #1,452 of 2,724
I am sure they are great tubes, a lot of great reviews. Made in USA, they are certainly not. They would likely not make money at those prices if they produced them in the USA . Too many. Requirements and high labor. Nothing wrong with China made stuff. I am in China. You are right. Everything is copied, but they prefer to copy things that are easy to sell and in huge numbers, like beats audio and jawbone stuff.

Sophia builds their amps in the USA, not their tubes.

I know that they are made in USA, there are a lot of think that are dont made in china, magic the gathering cards are one of that few thinks for example, they make it in Bulgaria

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #1,453 of 2,724
Just do your research or give them a call and ask. Sophia tubes are made near Beijing, China at the Tianjin Electric Factory. TJ/Full Sound tubes are made in the same factory.

If Anyone tells you they are made in the USA, please ask where that factory is. China is just more cost effective at making many components. And no matter where the factory is located, it comes down to the Process and QC. From what I have now read, Sophia put a lot of research into making there tubes and are certainly world class products.

Unless someone shows me clear evidence, Sophia Electric tubes are made in China.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,455 of 2,724
Just do your research or give them a call and ask. Sophia tubes are made near Beijing, China at the Tianjin Electric Factory. TJ/Full Sound tubes are made in the same factory.

If Anyone tells you they are made in the USA, please ask where that factory is. China is just more cost effective at making many components. And no matter where the factory is located, it comes down to the Process and QC. From what I have now read, Sophia put a lot of research into making there tubes and are certainly world class products.

Unless someone shows me clear evidence, Sophia Electric tubes are made in China.

Do you have any idea what is grade ? when they separate the same tube in Grade A, B and C ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back