Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio
Apr 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 4
This will probably be a strange reply compared to the other ones you're bound to get, but:

many years ago I had a LD MK IV SE paired with a Grado RS-2, and I thought it was awesome. I had nothing to fault with the combo, or the amp itself. Eventually, with enough extra funds (and from reading on the forums here), I sold the LD MK IV SE, and got a Woo Audio 6.

Long story short, I was very depressed with the decision. No matter how I tried to focus, or swapped out tubes, I couldn't find anything superior to the WA6 over the LD MK IV SE.

So I sold the WA6, bought a Gilmore Lite instead, and used the leftover funds in the future to buy an incredible 2.0 speaker setup.

What I'm trying to say is that I think it's worth pursuing the LD MK IV, even if it's not the SE version.

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 4
I have really enjoyed my MKIV SE and use it as both a headphone amp and pre.  I'm using it with my Beyer 880's and was really pleased with it. I have since started going in the balaned direction and am planning on selling it but not because of the sound but more because I need something I can adjust left/right volumes due to a hearing loss. I don't think you can go wrong with it for the money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back