Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #2,133 of 3,154
  What are the current best tube and opamp for the LD1+ for Grado headphones. Does any company sell them with the upgraded tube and opamp already installed?

Many people like the MUSES02 opamp and tall-bottle 6HM5s, To the best of my knowledge, no company sells this amp in this configuration....

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #2,142 of 3,154
+1 on the Mk III for use with 250 ohm Beyers (I use mine with the DT250-250).

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,143 of 3,154
  Thanks. My LD I+ stills give rattles and buzz, and I don't know what is wrong.

So you are getting rattles and buzzing with all your tubes? If so, it could be stray radio frequency signals. Nearby printers, computers, cell phones, refrigerators and so forth can all cause RF interference. Try moving your amp to another room to see if this could be the problem. Another thing to check are the internal jumpers and op amp. Make sure they are tight and seated securely. And other possible cause could be your connecting cables. Make sure the connections are tight and snug and you might want to replace all your cables.

If none of these measures helps, then perhaps there is something wrong with your amp. If you purchased it directly from Little Dot, contact the company. If you purchased from another vendor, you will need to contact the seller.

Good luck! :)

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #2,144 of 3,154
I finally found the old thread on tube and opamp upgrades on their Forum. I was wondering where you get your opamps from. Is there a seller on ebay that you have had good luck with, or a website you could link for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back