LISA III Available for Order
Jan 8, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #691 of 1,070
So are the stock batteries not good?

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #692 of 1,070
I am sure they are. They are NiMH AA's for the XP and NiMH 9 volt (x2) for the standard Lisa III. The power supply, the LLP made for the Lisa III puts out 24 volts which will give you more voltage swing and for some headphones this is a good thing but I would think the 18 volt battery supply should be fine. With the LLP I would imagine the Lisa III would make a nice home or mobile unit that not only runs off of the LLP but also has its batteries charged by it. Unlike many wall warts, the LLP should provide very high quality DC. Just my opinion.

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #694 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone ordered the LLP power supply via the Triad website recently? There are options to buy the amp only or the amp with the LLP but nothing to buy the LLP only.
Maybe I'll drop them an email.

Yes, send them an email.

There was much less LLP made / in production than LISA III. May be this is the reason why TriadAudio wants to offer LLP as part of a package, not for new purchase.

But for existing LISA III users, this should be another story, and I think TriadAudio should entertain this request.

F. Lo

Jan 13, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #695 of 1,070
Couple questions... What is the main difference between the XP and standard? Battery life or SQ? I am assuming the XP has a longer run time? Do both the XP and the standard use rechargables?

Also, what kind of IC are you guys using for an ipod. Trying to find a good (relatively short) LOD to RCA and it has been hard.

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been covered.

Jan 13, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #696 of 1,070
Battery life is the difference. The standard edition uses 2ea 9volt rechargeable batteries where as the XP uses 12ea AA batteries.(AFIK They are both NiMH batteries. I know the standard has them.)

ALO Audio makes one here mini to rca that meant to connect the llisa to the ipod Audio Line Out

There may be other wire choice options available but, you would have to email them to find out.

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #701 of 1,070
As previously mentioned a few pages back, the WM080-1950-760 — ELPAC POWER SYSTEMS — External Plug-In Power Supply will charge the LisaIII.

Personally, I choose to get the LLP because I plan on running the LisaIII as a desktop amp 40% of the time.

* I can't recomend this amp enough, the sound is simply amazing.

...Still waiting for my LLP to bust out a full on review.

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #702 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy a medical power supply.

ELPAC POWER SYSTEMS | FWC1824-760F-NC | Power Supplies | Power Products | Newark.com

Manaox2, is there any reason why you choose the FWC1824-760F-NC over the WM080-1950-760? I was under the impression that the Lisa had a MAX input of 500ma 24v. Also according to TriadAudio.net Forums • View topic - LISA III AC wall Adaptor Recomendations

P.S. Listening to [The Gathering] #6 - Montoya (Remix) (8:20)
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #703 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnoshroom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Manaox2, is there any reason why you choose the FWC1824-760F-NC over the WM080-1950-760? I was under the impression that the Lisa had a MAX input of 500ma 24v. Also according to TriadAudio.net Forums • View topic - LISA III AC wall Adaptor Recomendations

P.S. Listening to [The Gathering] #6 - Montoya (Remix) (8:20)
wink.gif

I ordered this to according to what others recommended and used. Its 24V. I don't see where it states the maximum amperage. I guess in that case though, I would recommend this:

ELPAC POWER SYSTEMS | MW1224-760-NC-BK | Power Supplies | Power Products | Newark.com

However, mine does not have a problem.

P.S. Good Choice! I'm burning in on some Daft Punk - Discovery right now.

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #704 of 1,070
You want the right voltage and a minimum amperes for charging or the charging will take much longer. Having more amperes doesn't hurt as the internal charger will use what it needs. Going with a higher current model, in well made units, can increase the delivery of current as needed and while this does not exceed a specified amount by the amps power supply, often a higher current supply just offers a type of improved headroom for the ps. Granted the Lisa III does not need very much current but I have been surprised by what increased available current can do even though much more than would ever be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back