LISA III Available for Order
Jan 13, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #706 of 1,070
Definitely yes.

Since its launch back in mid 2007 I haven't seen a later amp in its price point that sounds better.

I don't think the LISA III is the FOTM type of amp. For me it is a keeper.

F. Lo

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #707 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to all for this info- and quick too, so before I pull the trigger, this amp still worth all the praise???

Definitely yes. Its almost in a league of its own for portable rigs. Only comparison might be the RSA XP-7.

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #709 of 1,070
For sure. The bass is ********* awesome. The standard Lisa fits in my laptop bag, and with the EMU1616, my little Novation xStation, Reason 4, and HD650's... I'll sum it up like Neo in the Matrix, "Wow"

<Go watch Matrix and then 2001 Space Odyssey in 5 minutes on youTube. Thats exactly how I would describe the LisaIII.>

Mana, the Powerex 300mah are to big?
frown.gif

BTW: The LisaIII shows the shortcomings of my emu1616m and or power supply all to well when using non-conditioned power. When my 1616m and laptop are plugged into normal wall outlets I hear a lot of static and sometimes a 60hz ground loop hum when turning the volume knob. I plugged the LisaIII into my iMod and no static or hum heard at all when turning the volume knob. Hooked the 1616 & laptop back up with a my Furman PC and the static and hum were gone. Soon as I plugged back into normal AC the static and hum also came back. I only noticed it at max volume and when turning the volume knob on the LisaIII. (Lisa was running off of batteries the whole time)

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #710 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to replace the batteries in my LISA Standard. I have some 300 Mah, but those are too big for the enclosure (how I wish that it was a cm taller). Can someone give me some recommendations?

I am also in the same situation that you are in. I know that if you put the in the case upside down the batteries will fit, but I haven't tried switching around the back panel yet, to see if it will work that way.

Jan 14, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #711 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am also in the same situation that you are in. I know that if you put the in the case upside down the batteries will fit, but I haven't tried switching around the back panel yet, to see if it will work that way.

ohhh thanks. I have to try that! Its such a tight fit already and that adhesive is really sticky like used and dried bubble gum. I also bet that the RCA outputs will have to have a new hole drilled. I'd rather make a new slide-on top before doing that.

I'm charging and listening to the ultra sensitive UE11 without the attenuator now (and charging my iMod at the same time). I have gotten a static noise or electrical hum when I touch the volume knob at times when charging. It depends on what plug I'm using too (oddly). Right now its fine. Soooo happy though. The imaging is perfect, just as I dreamed. Infected mushroom was doing literal circles in my head! *sigh*

Jan 14, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #715 of 1,070
Quote:

I just did it and it works. The only thing I recommend being careful about is using the right sized screwdriver.(It can be real easy to strip a screw.)

OH wow. Come next time I need to charge, I'm doing this. How much room would you say this adds?

Jan 14, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #716 of 1,070
The bulk does not really concern me for my application, I guess I am more interested in how long the charge will hold for the xp. I understand the standard is only like 6 hrs. Also I am somewhat unfamiliar with a 12AA pack... is this replaceable?

Jan 14, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #717 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OH wow. Come next time I need to charge, I'm doing this. How much room would you say this adds?

Well it is a bit of a tight fit but, it is just enough for the powerex 300mah batteries to fit in snugly.

Jan 14, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #718 of 1,070
Quote:

Well it is a bit of a tight fit but, it is just enough for the powerex 300mah batteries to fit in snugly.

So what are you doing, flipping the board over?

Jan 14, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #720 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bulk does not really concern me for my application, I guess I am more interested in how long the charge will hold for the xp. I understand the standard is only like 6 hrs. Also I am somewhat unfamiliar with a 12AA pack... is this replaceable?

The XP should last around 90 hours per charge, depending upon the mA of the NiMH they use but I believe theirs are around 2100mA (the AA batteries).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back