LISA III Available for Order
Jan 6, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #661 of 1,070
OK here's my 'race car' (picture posted elsewhere on HF, but thought I'd post here for the Triad crowd). Aside from my DHA3000/L3000, the LIIIXP/LLP's become my day to day home amp. Finally found a place that could make me custom DC-to-DC cable to hook up amp to power supply. Here I'm using a longer one so units can straddle the DAC1.

FKCLO, happy new year, btw.

dac1.jpg

Jan 6, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #662 of 1,070
JimP, very nice setup indeed !

BTW, can you share with you where you get the custom maded DC-DC cable ? The one that comes with the LLP is a bit crappy.

And Happy New Year to you too
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Jan 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #663 of 1,070
Shop #208 Wanchai Computer Center

What I have is probably no better, but the shop was able to make me a short one (for when I want to stack the units) and a half-meter one for keeping LLP further away, in about 20 minutes. Just happy it all works!

The shop people seem friendly, maybe if one could specify or source better wires/parts, the guy could still cobble it together.

Jan 6, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #664 of 1,070
So I need a $300+ power supply to charge a battery powered amp? What?!?

Jan 6, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #665 of 1,070
Jan 6, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #666 of 1,070
Thanks.

Jan 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #668 of 1,070
Yep, a good power supply that pays attention to all of the possible spurious frequencies isn't that easy to make and since the AC musical signal rides on the DC, a good supply is paramount if the amp is made to high standards.

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #670 of 1,070
nice

I'm still quite tickled by the rca interconnects ALO is cranking out for the Lisa III to the p-vcap dock..

i'm thinking i'll plunge straight for the top model they've got out for that

Audio Line Out

though i would love to know what sort of difference is made in that one.. compared to their 'weaker'/cheaper model

Audio Line Out

anyone know?

my guess is that it has to do with the p-vcap to the lisa specifically, as ALO doesn't offer this cabling arrangement for their iMod or iPod LODs

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #672 of 1,070
I have a question guys,
Does LLP enhance the performance of LISA III XP over battery mode, or LLP just provide clean power as the battery does?

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #673 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice

I'm still quite tickled by the rca interconnects ALO is cranking out for the Lisa III to the p-vcap dock..

i'm thinking i'll plunge straight for the top model they've got out for that

Audio Line Out

though i would love to know what sort of difference is made in that one.. compared to their 'weaker'/cheaper model

Audio Line Out

anyone know?

my guess is that it has to do with the p-vcap to the lisa specifically, as ALO doesn't offer this cabling arrangement for their iMod or iPod LODs

The difference in the build is the one in the top link link is the design is AFIK a one-off at the moment. That RCA-RCA cable is an interesting one and it looks real nice in person.(It is the first one that I have herd of ALO making a cable where they use the cryo copper and gold plated silver together. Well commercially available.)

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #674 of 1,070
same

also- Capunk: The LLP gives a better performance than with batteries. The LLP is, reportedly, necessary to unlock the truest of potential with the Lisa III, getting the best experience possible

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #675 of 1,070
Link for the LLP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back