Linum update and the new Linum Super BaX on tour
Oct 31, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #151 of 194
Is that an estimate target date for when JH Audio will change to the T2 connector system that you are referencing?
Hi. Unfortunately, we do not have cables with 4Pin connector, sorry. We hope one day, JH Audio will change to our new estron T2 Audio Connector System, which will then give JH Audio in ear owners the chance to use Linum cables :)
I see that some other cable makers are able to provide their upgrade cables with this 4-pin connector. Why wouldn't you consider doing that being that JH Audio is exclusively using this type of connector and they are one of the biggest players in the IEM market? I would place an order with you today for my JH Audio Lola if you can accommodate that connector type.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #152 of 194
I think the reason is the Estron isn’t a cable manufacturer like all the others. Estron run large batches of the most common cable types and don’t do individual custom orders

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #153 of 194
I see that some other cable makers are able to provide their upgrade cables with this 4-pin connector. Why wouldn't you consider doing that being that JH Audio is exclusively using this type of connector and they are one of the biggest players in the IEM market? I would place an order with you today for my JH Audio Lola if you can accommodate that connector type.

As mentioned above, Linum doesn't mess around with all the numerous combinations of cable terminations and connectors.

They tend to run larger batches of cables using common connectors/terminations in order to make it cost effective to produce overmolded connectors (2 pin and MMCX) that are much smaller than the usual aftermarket cable companies that use third party (e.g. Eidolic) connectors

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #156 of 194
Btw. we apologise the silence here ... an update will follow soon on the SuperBaX ... and the new G2... and some of the questions above.. We appreciate all the input you guys share. Thank you!

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #159 of 194
In case you wish to update your audio gear with a new Linum G2 we have just opened our Black Friday sales. Check it out. Friday only!

Updates on the SuperBaX, G2 and above enquiries will follow tomorrow. Cheers.
Are the cables in the web store G2?

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #161 of 194
Hopefully later isn't too far away!

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #162 of 194
Hopefully later isn't too far away!

You could just buy a 3.5 version and reterminate it yourself to balanced. That’s what I did with help from a friend. Really like the SuperBax with 4.4 for my JH13

01241997-5302-4FAF-8A4C-835D763F1EDF.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #163 of 194
Definitely an option, just need to find someone competent to do the soldering!

Nov 24, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #164 of 194
As promised a brief update.

We started this thread to get the new Linum G2 SuperBaX on a test and review tour. Overwhelmed by the interest, we sent 4 SuperBaX MMCX and 2Pin cables on tour. They travelled around the world to visit 24 testers/reviewers in different countries. Many have posted their review here or elsewhere, and we have a few more coming. The reviews make our proud, they are great value to us and all potential new Linum users. THANK YOU!

The new improved Linum generation - Linum G2 - was successfully launched in August. This means, also the BaX and Music versions are now available in the new version.

Many of you have requested Linum G2 in other configurations, particularly a SuperBaX Balanced 2.5mm TRRS, yet also 3.5mm TRRS, 4.4mm TRRRS and other connector solutions. With the success of Linum and our new estron audio connector T2, our development team is swamped with work. Please be patient. We cannot promise anything, yet we will keep you updated on any progress there is.

Muffin9988 describes it quite well above - our production setup is not for numerous combinations of cable terminations and connectors. We aim to develop some of the best high-performing quality upgrade cables in a minimalist and aesthetic design. Thus, we must prioritise best possible. All enquiries are listed and considered. Should you have a specific request, we encourage you to “Sign up”, like many of you have already done. Your chance to influence our future developments. After all, the SuperBaX was developed because you guys asked for a lower impedance cable!

Ps. Don’t forget our Black Friday offer is only today November 24th, 2017.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #165 of 194
:ksc75smile: I’ll get my balanced Super BaX 2pin 4.4 TRRRS eventually, I know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back