Link: Beresford TC-7510 bashing and Headfi Bashing?
Mar 5, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #76 of 127
Not only that D.C. Lee was a fabricated poster which presented himself as a new party interested in a dac so there was actually sock puppeting between that account and the two other accounts.

It was a pretty elaborate con effort.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #77 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not only that D.C. Lee was a fabricated poster which presented himself as a new party interested in a dac so there was actually sock puppeting between that account and the two other accounts.

It was a pretty elaborate con effort.

That really sucks. I thought herandu was just friends with the owner or whatever. How lame is that...I will never buy another beresford product. I almost feel like becoming a beresford basher on the forums with as much presence as Herandu had.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #78 of 127
Not surprising considering the way he vehemently defended everything about the dac and praised it so much. I bet this happens more often than we think/want to believe on head-fi and any forum that reviews products like electronics. That's why it's good to take reviews with a grain of salt, of course sometimes you have to gamble because you can't buy/try everything beforehand but luckily there aren't that many snakeoil type products. I did own one of these, the mark3 version and yes many members here have described it perfectly: good bang for the buck, NOT a giant killer

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #79 of 127
This is truly sad. I still think the DAC sounds very good.
confused_face.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #80 of 127
Whoa! I was just about to purchase one of these following all the good reviews, and the cheap price.
Thanks for the heads up.
Actually when I think about it you see this same kindd of pro-Beresford discussion on lots of audio fourms.
I wonder if the mods/admins check with their counterparts on other forums how many usernames come back to this same IP address.

What an elaborate scam!

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #82 of 127
good to see that this nefarious relationship has finally been exposed for what it is (and long suspected) - a total sham.

unfortunately, i highly doubt this is an isolated incident on these boards.

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #84 of 127
I will miss DC Lee and his accent the most, the poor fish merchant who stopped counting after spending more than $20k on his system, but only $150 on his DAC. He no want cause trouble, only love Beresford DAC long time.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #85 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Herandu IS Stanley Beresford! And so was DC Lee.

I've suspected that all along.
I bought a Mark 4 a while ago and was generally very satisfied with the product, price and service and despite all the BS would recommend the newer versions to anyone looking for a DAC in that price range and above. I've since upgraded to a DIY DAC which is a couple of notches above the Beresford in the mid range and bass depts and have relegated the Mark 4 to STB duties.
Funny thing - I remember communicating with Stanley(Herandu?) once - he told me that guys like Penguindude were causing more harm than good with their overenthusiasm on Head-Fi.
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #86 of 127
Why you all can't just concentrate on the music I do not know, at the end of the day ignoring all the crap and rumours surrounding these dacs they still sound damn good for what they cost. I own the 7510 6:4 and the 7520, headphone usage prompted me to give them a try and I am glad I did. The 7520 really does have a sweet amp on it.

Customer service from Mr Beresford has been excellent and overall I have no reason not to recommend this primarily for headphone use but also as a cost effective upgrade for older or recent budget kit.

Mar 8, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #87 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by tizer2000uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why you all can't just concentrate on the music I do not know, at the end of the day ignoring all the crap and rumours surrounding these dacs they still sound damn good for what they cost.

facepalm.png
Because what was done shouldn't be ignored and what has been done is not crap and is not rumour.

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #88 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
facepalm.png
Because what was done shouldn't be ignored and what has been done is not crap and is not rumour.

Exactly. I owned and spoke highly of Beresford products in the past. I changed to the DAC I am using now. It was a good unit but I won't be purchasing anything from him ever again. That kind of business conduct is nothing but disgraceful.

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #89 of 127
I don't condemn the product, it has recieved general, but often suspiciously overly laudable praise (and how much of this may be down to a wide ranging shilling action on the part of Mr Beresford we can only speculate about) but I would recommend that if people wish to purchase the unit they buy it under one of the other names it is sold by. I do believe that Mr Beresford's actions merit reply and the best way to talk is with our wallets.

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #90 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't condemn the product, it has recieved general, but often suspiciously overly laudable praise (and how much of this may be down to a wide ranging shilling action on the part of Mr Beresford we can only speculate about) but I would recommend that if people wish to purchase the unit they buy it under one of the other names it is sold by. I do believe that Mr Beresford's actions merit reply and the best way to talk is with our wallets.

I don't believe the 7520 is sold under any other name unless you can point me in the direction of an identical unit.

I just find it a bit strange, yes ok if such things happened then its nothing to be proud of but so far we are taking the word of someone who may or may not be an IT Professional claiming that the IP's are the same, how are we to know that the method used to obtain the IP address has not indeed picked up a gateway address for a range of customers?

Also Im guessing half or more of you probably eat fast food, cheap chicken and purchase the occasional item of clothing made in a sweat shop, hell I'm guessing you probably eat stuff made by Nestle, famous for its baby milk scandal, something far worse than someone hawking his wares on this forum. I'm guessing you probably all drive cars and turn a blind eye to a rather sordid industry whos greed has killed hundreds of thousands of people.

And I'm also guessing you haven't thrown up your hands in mock horror and posted threads on forums demanding the war for oil in the middle east ends right now!

At the end of the day if equipment sounds good I buy it and turn a blind eye to the fact that Kim Jong Il might have murdered baby seals to bring me such glorious sound, I bet most of you would too.

Posting bile to try and run a man out of business when most of you are guilty of a range of transgressions just screams 'Double Standards' and you know who you are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back