Link: Beresford TC-7510 bashing and Headfi Bashing?
Mar 9, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #91 of 127
Again, the balance of very-low-post-counts-very-recent-join-dates users who leap in various kinds of defense to Mr Beresford is suspect to me. (and that post above is very lol)

As for the different names thing, that was a most amusing little escapade that went hand in hand with Mr Beresfords laughable and bullying proclamations of litigation against the person who posted internal pictures of the DAC.

The Beresford DAC is a renamed version of a mother product, although these days it seems that his model accounts for the bulk of sales of the unit and the manufacturers aren't hugely chuffed with his constant tinkering around and renaming-to-a-new4r-bett4r-version business model.

I'll do a search and drudge up the pertinant links.

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #92 of 127
Will somebody please put up a big sticky about the Beresford/StanleyB1/Herandu conspiracy! This idiot's false pretenses must be known to everyone here in the headfi community.

I experienced this person's nonsense when he would constantly highjack threads about other DACs only to promote his own and bash everything else.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #93 of 127
I always wondered how Herandu somehow heard every single DAC to ever be conceived and remembered how it fared against the Beresfords. Actually, I stopped opening any DAC threads in the sub 500 price range just because I came to expect his nonsense ramblings and consequential thread-crapping. What a piece of trash that guy is.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #94 of 127
I should quit head-fi and go back to buying name brand overpriced audio stuff. Every time I buy something from what I read here I end up buying from some weirdo. First it was LaRocco and the PR-II which I wonder if I have a hope of getting repaired and now it's this TC-7520. The DAC does sound good, but boy this guy is a weirdo. Frankly I can't say that my Dared MP-5 purchase was a satisfactory one either.

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #95 of 127
Duggeh has been a respected member here at headfi years before you or I ever joined this forum. He has given nothing but useful impressions and added so much to the spreading of audio/headfi knowledge.

This Beresford "chap" came on to the scene icognito only to peddle his goods and say negative things about his competition literally stabbing his competition in the back. Lies, lies, lies. I don't know how you can defend this kind of sleaze.

Moderators: Please don't let these corrupt individuals bring down this awesome site.

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #96 of 127
Based on the information available to us, we feel comfortable banning at least the following profiles: StanleyB1, Herandu, and DC Lee. It is our opinion that there is enough in common with these profiles--and especially in conjunction with the post histories of these profiles--to ban them. Here is the information this decision was based on. Some of you may not be convinced enough by it still, and that's fine with me. It is my opinion, however, that most experienced forum administrators would agree with me that there is enough information to come to certain conclusions.

The user profile at Head-Fi titled StanleyB1 is Stanley--this does not appear to be in dispute by anyone (Stanley included), and the e-mail information in that profile is consistent with this.

The profiles DC Lee and Herandu registered with the following e-mail addresses (parts of them obscured):
  1. Herandu: fxxxxxxxxn@trashmail.net
  2. DC Lee: Dxxxxe@trashmail.net
(For more information on trashmail, visit trashmail.net.)

The post histories of DC Lee and Herandu can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
  1. DC Lee
  2. Herandu

And, using an administrator tool for checking this, StanleyB1 and DC Lee show up as having at least one common cookie logged into Head-Fi. I have concluded from this that StanleyB1 and DC Lee have logged into Head-Fi with the same browser at least once.

Some might find it helpful to look at the post history of all three profiles to see if there is anything non-Beresford that at least two (if not all three) have discussed in common. I did that, and it was helpful for me in strengthening the resolve of my decision.

An IP cross-reference check on StanleyB1's profile reveals several IP addresses (which itself is normal). However, of the IP address information gathered over 92,248 user registrations, 339,894 threads and 4,496,686 posts, only two users shared common IP addresses with the username StanleyB1 (as you can see below): Herandu and DC Lee.
  1. 217.43.202.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  2. 217.43.202.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  3. 217.43.203.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  4. 81.129.137.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  5. 81.129.137.xx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  6. 81.152.136.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  7. 81.159.141.xx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  8. 81.159.176.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. Herandu 81.159.176.xxx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
  9. 81.159.238.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  10. 82.28.192.xx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. DC Lee 82.28.192.xx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    2. Herandu 82.28.192.xx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
  11. 82.28.66.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. Herandu 82.28.66.xxx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
  12. 86.132.114.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  13. 86.135.179.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  14. 86.135.64.xx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. Herandu 86.135.64.xx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
  15. 86.135.83.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  16. 86.135.83.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. DC Lee 86.135.83.xxx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    2. Herandu 86.135.83.xxx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
  17. 86.146.163.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  18. 86.149.65.xx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  19. 86.152.121.xx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  20. 86.155.165.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. DC Lee 86.155.165.xxx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    2. Herandu 86.155.165.xxx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
  21. 86.164.115.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
  22. 86.2.32.xxx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. Herandu 86.2.32.xxx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
  23. 86.2.36.xx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. DC Lee 86.2.36.xx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    2. Herandu 86.2.36.xx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
  24. 86.2.42.xx [Find More Users with this IP Address]
    1. Herandu 86.2.42.xx [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Again, even in the face of this information, you may still think it not enough information to ban the three profiles here. If so, then yes, we simply disagree on the persuasiveness of the collective information to make the decision.

As far as Stanley's assertion at another forum this action was taken to protect Head-Fi Sponsors from the success of Beresford's sales, I will only say that such an assertion is absurd, as any regular Head-Fi'er will tell you that (a) we have a very active DIY section that encourages users to make their own DACs, cables, amps, etc., which certainly doesn't benefit any Sponsor, except those selling DIY parts; and (b) of the nearly five million posts, countless of them are positive comments about products made by companies who have never advertised or sponsored Head-Fi, as well as negative comments about products made by companies who have.

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #97 of 127
I took the time to read the posts of the various guilty usernames. I think anybody who did could reasonably come to the same conclusion. I don't know if the full explanation was really necessary, but I think this should clear up any doubt if any was warranted in the first place.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #98 of 127
Good decision Jude - but amazing that it took so long! I remember being active on Head-Fi about 2 and half years ago (looking for DAC information) and was so annoyed by the Herandu antics that I got disillusioned and stopped visiting the forum. Very odd as I just happened to be passing by today for the first time in months and noticed this discussion...

I am delighted that you have banned these accounts and will start to look on the forums for info on my next DAC upgrade.

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #99 of 127
In my case I only started seriously reading DAC threads about 6 months ago, but I too pretty soon got sick of Herandu's seeming obsession with Beresford.

Actually when I saw his last post today - yet again about Beresford - I had become so sick and tired of it all that I was actually going to come straight out and ask him if he was StanleyB.

Job has been done for me. Thank You.

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #100 of 127
Anybody else catch the coincidental spam bot posts late last night?
rolleyes.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #102 of 127
Quote:

The user profile at Head-Fi titled StanleyB1 is Stanley--this does not appear to be in dispute by anyone (Stanley included), and the e-mail information in that profile is consistent with this.

I am just curious, how do you know that StanleyB is Stanley Beresford? Did he use his company's "homehifi" email address to register?

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #103 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am just curious, how do you know that StanleyB is Stanley Beresford? Did he use his company's "homehifi" email address to register?

If you read Stanley's posts, he IDs himself. Furthermore, in his profile, under Biography, it reads: Beresford TC-7510 DAC designer.

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #105 of 127
Quote:

If you read Stanley's posts, he IDs himself. Furthermore, in his profile, under Biography, it reads: Beresford TC-7510 DAC designer.

Anyone can put whatever they want in these fields. It doesn't make it true.

Quote:

Yes.

Thank you. That seems to be conclusive proof. I won't be buying from him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back