Link: Beresford TC-7510 bashing and Headfi Bashing?
Nov 10, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #61 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by AS1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread has been going on long enough. People now have plenty of info on this matter all put together, so they can draw their own conclusions. I'm done with it.

I've drawn the conclusion that you have some real issues and need to go outside and get a breath of fresh air.

Nov 10, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #62 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do a search at http://www.hifiwigwam.com/ and you should find all the info you need.

Here's a link to a review of the Mk.3 Beresford that I posted on the hifiwigwam site in May this year - http://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum7/15325.html

This has turned into an amazingly long thread, and postings take it from the then-current Mk.3 up to the latest Mk.6/3.

To save you searching, if I recall correctly, the Beresford has not been disgraced when compared against a Chord DAC64, Stello DAC, Linn Ikemi, Wadia and probably some others.

If you can be bothered to follow the thread thru (up to 20 pages with 399 separate postings now!) it's quite amusing to see some serious doubters being won over by the Beresford once they'd actually tried it.
3000smile.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #63 of 127
basically, let me see if I understood it all...

At the end of the day, Beresford MK6/3 is the way to go below, say 300USD

right?

Apr 12, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #65 of 127
I had a modded Beresford and it was nice.

Sounded about as nice as an Entech.

Sold the Beresford after hearing and NOS Shek (think Monica-like dac), which absolutely destroyed it.

The Shek is around $300 and the additional few bucks for the Shek compared to the modded Beresford were well worth it and the jump was significant (like Grado SR125 to SR-225 gap or Pimeta to PPA gap).

The Beresford's additional inputs were handy though.

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #66 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sold the Beresford after hearing and NOS Shek (think Monica-like dac), which absolutely destroyed it.

The Shek is around $300 and the additional few bucks for the Shek compared to the modded Beresford were well worth it and the jump was significant (like Grado SR125 to SR-225 gap or Pimeta to PPA gap).

Can you please elaborate on the NOS Shek?

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #67 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will let you know when I receive mine next week.

I'll be waiting for it!

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #68 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you remember what version Beresford you had? A lot of people are raving about the MK6/3 which is supposed to be different sounding to any of the older ones. I got a Naim CD5 and on the Naim forum a few blokes have tried the Beresford against their CDP and they are saying good things. Anybody knows how it sounds with computer music? I might give one a try on my MAC.

Mar 5, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #69 of 127
Final update to the Herandu/Beresford files. Scam revealed!

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #70 of 127
Do you feel vindicated? You deserve it
smily_headphones1.gif

Really shocking that this sort of thing took this long to expose, but I am glad it finally was. Looking at some of the posts by D.C. Lee he really was playing the long con.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #72 of 127
I'd say, good job to the mods for tracking down Hirandu's IP and identifying his ill method of marketing his own product. Now, about the other manufacturer...

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #73 of 127
People who bash the Beresford products only do so because of Herundu. He has a very, very extreme case of fanboyism. Would you not be upset if you purchased a $1000 DAC and someone was going around saying that this $100+ DAC beats any and all of them?

The bereseford products are great for the price, but that guy(whoever he is) is nothing more than annoying.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #74 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People who bash the Beresford products only do so because of Herundu. He has a very, very extreme case of fanboyism. Would you not be upset if you purchased a $1000 DAC and someone was going around saying that this $100+ DAC beats any and all of them?

The bereseford products are great for the price, but that guy(whoever he is) is nothing more than annoying.

Herandu IS Stanley Beresford! And so was DC Lee.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #75 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Herandu IS Stanley Beresford! And so was DC Lee.

Dammit! I didn't read the entire thread. I didn't want to be bothered with a tone of gossip and whatnot. Shoot, I just purchased his product....had I known, I wouldn't. That is truly dissappointing because Herandu was so strong with his opinion. I just knew it couldn't be the actually person manufacturing them.

That is horrible...I feel stupid.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back