Link: Beresford TC-7510 bashing and Headfi Bashing?
Nov 6, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 127
Typical forum gods flexing their muscles. I'm god!! I know more than you, and you can't prove that god is wrong.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 127
Finkel is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkel. Herandu = Stanley Beresford.

I honestly don't know how Herandu responded in a thread where I mentioned I never received my complimentary optical cable that Stan offered at the time of my order with: "from what I gather he offered to have you source the cable locally and refund you the cost". There is no way he would have been able to know the specifics of my situation without having direct access to "Stanley's" email address. I'm done with this company and their ridiculous shilling across the boards, this DAC is just tiding me over until I get a mini-dac or Lavry DA10. It is good for the price but NOWHERE near a giant killer.

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 127
That thread makes me SO angry.

Makes me fee like joining that forum and telling them all to ****. But they'd say I was working for Beresford.. So there's no point.

The TC-7510 is a very good DAC. The service from home-hifi is very good too, and I do believe it could have shipped that fast.

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #5 of 127
yea i think i read it that somewhere on this forum a member sent out his tc-7510 to stanely beresford to mod, he lives in the UK, he mailed out the DAC in the morning before going to work, after he came home from work, the DAC shipped back from beresford all modded.

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #6 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by TR909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finkel is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkel. Herandu = Stanley Beresford.

I honestly don't know how Herandu responded in a thread where I mentioned I never received my complimentary optical cable that Stan offered at the time of my order with: "from what I gather he offered to have you source the cable locally and refund you the cost". There is no way he would have been able to know the specifics of my situation without having direct access to "Stanley's" email address. I'm done with this company and their ridiculous shilling across the boards, this DAC is just tiding me over until I get a mini-dac or Lavry DA10. It is good for the price but NOWHERE near a giant killer.

If you had been following the TC-7510 thread since last year when I bought one of the TC-7510 and went to interview Stanley for head-fi you would have known that I know him in person. His phone number is on his site and you can call or email him any time of the day or night. I have when I had a set up problem, and I was surprised how quickly he replied. So do other people on head-fi, higiwigwam, etc. and they are not ashamed to mention that either. If there is a problem mentioned on head-fi I have emailed him many times to bring it to his attention. You mentioned a problem with a lead, and I asked him about it. He came back to say that you had misrepresented the facts in a dishonest way and tried to let yourself appear squeaky clean and a badly treated customer. Now you attack me and the product in order to cover your back.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by arterius2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i think i read it that somewhere on this forum a member sent out his tc-7510 to stanely beresford to mod, he lives in the UK, he mailed out the DAC in the morning before going to work, after he came home from work, the DAC shipped back from beresford all modded.

That would have had to be sent by a London motorbike courier service. I have used them myself and they can pick up and deliver to almost anywhere in London in less than an hour! Mind you, they are about 4 times more expensive compared to the next day courier service.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #8 of 127
Never mind, found my answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBay Listing
You are bidding on the MK6/3 that has been sold in limited numbers in October and has caused a stir amongst the 1st buyers and beta testers. One customer wrote on the internet that "Stanley has struck gold". See http://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum7/15325-17.html for more details.

The MK6/3 has adopted a new signature that has been described by customers as uncomfortably close to the Chord64, nearly as good as the Stello 100, and better than the DAC1. All these other DACs cost between 4 to 20 times the MK6/3.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #9 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you had been following the TC-7510 thread since last year when I bought one of the TC-7510 and went to interview Stanley for head-fi you would have known that I know him in person.

You are close friends with Stanley and you are recommending his DAC.
That's enough reason why you should refrain from commenting on sonic comparisons, or at least from recommending it. There's an obvious conflict of interest which IMHO is no longer acceptable.
You haven't exactly been holding back with your comments. Almost each time when someone new posts, even when they have a high budget, here comes Herandu again. You sometimes compare the TC-7510 with dacs you never heard. That's pretty insulting to people on this forum who have a lot of experience.

Please stop it and let only neutral people do the recommendations!

Nov 6, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #10 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by AS1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are close friends with Stanley and you are recommending his DAC.
That's enough reason why you should refrain from commenting on sonic comparisons, or at least from recommending it. There's an obvious conflict of interest which IMHO is no longer acceptable.
You haven't exactly been holding back with your comments. Almost each time when someone new posts, even when they have a high budget, here comes Herandu again. You sometimes compare the TC-7510 with dacs you never heard. That's pretty insulting to people on this forum who have a lot of experience.

Please stop it and let only neutral people do the recommendations!

I wouldn't call being in touch via email with someone as being a close friend. I know many people in the electronics industry in the UK.
I spent much time modding my TC-7510 and making the info available here. That's the DAC I know inside out. You got a problem with that? Other people recommend the same DAC, whilst others are into Zhaolu.
As far as I know, head-fi is for people who ahev questions, and those who have answers based on experience. I have answers based on experience. That includes DAC, CD players, turntables. So stop being blinkered and pretend I only talk about the TC-7510. If people like me who are prepared to approach the manufacturer and ask detailed technical questions and then repeat them in plain English here, that is a good thing. Of course, if you know better, feel free to take over.
As far as comparing the DAC to other ones: I am a repair engineer so I get to play with a lot of gear that come in as faulty. That is not insulting in any way. I get paid to fix the stuff and to listen to it as well. So I can compare one product against another as long as I have both in the workshop or I can phone a customer and ask if I can borrow theirs or pass round to try something out. Lucky me, heh
wink.gif
? Of course that means that I get to meet or communicate with many owners and technical people in the electronics industry in the UK. I have to after all order spares, service manuals etc from them in order to fix the faulty items
tongue.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #11 of 127
Quote:

He came back to say that you had misrepresented the facts in a dishonest way and tried to let yourself appear squeaky clean and a badly treated customer. Now you attack me and the product in order to cover your back.

That is complete and utter tripe. Cover my back? What would I need to do that for? I have no agenda unlike yourself. I could care less how I'm perceived. I asked Stanley if he forgot the cable he had so generously offered to me gratis as part of a "weekend special" as my dac arrived without it. He said he "didn't remember receiving my email confirming my cable choice" (which I had sent immediately after he asked) and suggested I get one from Monoprice after I had received the dac. At no point in the email did he imply that I would be refunded. All I did was tell a prospective buyer not to necessarily count on a "repeat customer discount". I was disappointed at being excited at getting a free cable and then being told to source my own. It took me a week to get my own optical cable and I was annoyed at his lame excuse. With all the stories about his amazing customer service I thought he would apologize and send a cable to me acknowledging his mistake. A lot of sellers here would do so without question (even those based in China). I never said I was a badly treated customer but I was annoyed . Now you come leaping into the thread like the zealot you are and call me dishonest? Give it a rest. Pathetic.

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #12 of 127
FINAL UPDATE March 2009: Beresford/Herandu scam confirmed!
eek.gif

UPDATE February 2009:
Several complaints about Stanley B.

UPDATE January 2009:
Things got out of hand in this thread.

Saved quote from Stanley Beresford which was obviously removed:
"At a stroke you have shot your credibility on Head-Fi to pieces. Your exaggerated claims about 348 versions are out by 338. Would it not be more sensible for someone who wishes to offer some negative comments to at least have some factual substance behind any claims? I appreciate that Scottish audio engineering companies have a long way to go before being able to compete on price and performance with English audio engineers, but I wouldn't have expected you to display such politically biased views on an audio forum, or exaggerate the figures by such a horrific margin just for point scoring.
You have failed miserably. Stan"

Looks like both Herandu and Stanley have trouble behaving themselves.
Or are they the same person? It has been suggested by several people before...
-----------------

Quotes concerning Herandu's connection with Stanley Beresford:

Quote:

I wouldn't call being in touch via email with someone as being a close friend.

Just a few comments from Herandu about Stanley:

Link
"I must point out that I have met him several times before"

Link
From what I gather he offered to cover your cost for ordering a cable more locally. I do email him my mods in case they turn out to be worthwhile and practical to add to the production line. He even calls the latest mod the H mod.

Link
TR909: Er...wow, you were able to pinpoint which of his many orders was mine and what his email response to me was?

Quote:

I know many people in the electronics industry in the UK.
I spent much time modding my TC-7510 and making the info available here. That's the DAC I know inside out. You got a problem with that?

No, I don't. I'd say thumbs up actually. My comments were not about the technical info you give.
I clearly said you shouldn't comment about its sonic properties, or at least shouldn't do recommendations. Why?

1) because you're too closely involved with the manufacturer.
If Elias from Benchmark, or Ori would do that, they would get shot on this forum .
It's actually illegal:

"A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums, Private Messaging, or Head-Fi's e-mail relay function--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums."

I marked "making" because didn't Stanley include a "H(erandu)" mod?
You can't deny you've got an interest in this product.
What makes you think you can get away with it??
mad.gif

2) because you don't come up with detailed comparisons. See also below.

Quote:

As far as comparing the DAC to other ones: I am a repair engineer so I get to play with a lot of gear that come in as faulty. That is not insulting in any way.

Why is it then that we never see a detailed comparison between the Beresford and another dac from you? There should have been tons of reviews from you.
We all know the Beresford bests a lot of cdplayers. But it says nothing about where it stands against the high end dacs.
If the Beresford is that good I'd certainly expect some juicy reviews from you.

I used the word insulting because you trash the opinion of experienced people on this forum who *have* compared the Beresford with other dacs.
Examples:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/lin...ml#post4072409
Sold the Beresford after hearing and NOS Shek (think Monica-like dac), which absolutely destroyed it.

Link
Naw sorry Herandu I like my old PS Audio Dac II better than the 7510

Broken link:
I think the beresford is a great DAC for the cash, but the Opus is certainly better (and so was the zapfiltered zhaolu I used to own).

Cached link
But when OMZ kicks in, I realize this is the music that really touches me. Comparing to Beresford it is more detailed, with better instruments separation and most importantly, the sound stage is huge. I was attracted to it so much that sometimes I forgot I was doing the comparison.

Broken link:
Yeah.. Its the new FOTM like the heed.. With ppl blowing it out of proportion as giant killers.. Remember when the Heed was comparable to the HR-2.. & having plants when the Bed first came out stating that it would blow away my DAC1 & sounds better then 2,000 DACs!! I know people want great deals, but the Bedford isn't in the class or zip code of a DAC1/Lavry10/Stello100. Yes, a good DAC for the money. Entry level audio gear.

Broken link.
Having listened to the tc7510 and a Lavry da10, I do not feel that the 7510 was impressive enough to make me defend my more expensive purchase. Maybe that is how you would do things, but don't go telling me that is how I/everybody would do things! The Lavry is just plain better. No ifs, and, or buts

Not to mention my own experience:
Link
I've tried the Beresford again after using the DAC2 for a while.
The difference is pretty embarrassing for the Beresford. The TC-7510 sounds rough, grainy and uninvolving. The DAC2 sounds two classes better.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/ber...7/#post5322789
Personally I do think the DAC2 is the better DAC quite obvious on my high end tubed amps, but a little less so on my SS which were a lot cheaper. When you move from the Beresford to the DAC2 it is like a vail is removed, the sound opens up and their is more detail, just seems more refined and engaging. I suppose you could say the Beresford with both amps just sounds duller in compassion to the Bel Canto.

Please remember, in these examples the TC-7510 is being compared to more expensive dacs. There's no question about the good value of the TC-7510.
It's merely to prove your ridiculous claims that it's better than the high end.

There are actually a lot of complaints and unanswered questions:
Recent ones:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/ori...ml#post3722119
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/not...1/#post3638353
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/dac...7/#post3627651
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/rev...ml#post3312275
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/aud...1/#post3603811
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/yul...7/#post3568237
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/yul...7/#post3568267
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/ber...ml#post3485287

You'll have to come up with better answers to justify your behaviour...

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #13 of 127
Sounds like some bitchy kids need a "time out".

I recently ordered one of these DACs, and I'll be happy to give an honest opinion of it based on what I know and what I've heard.

FWIW, I don't know Stanley, nor do I work for him.

Nov 7, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #14 of 127
Stanley's customer service IS really great (Was for me anyway...)

It arrived in less than a week (Great from UK to New Zealand), emails were fast and friendly, and AFAIK he has strict testing to make sure each unit would make the trip undamaged.

The only thing that annoyed me is that soon after I bought it, MK4 was released
frown.gif

The sound is also very good, but I have nothing else to compare it with. It has a certain 'airiness' to it which sounds really nice though.

Hopefully this thread isn't going to ruin the reputation of a very nice DAC with very nice customer service.

Nov 7, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #15 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by billinkansas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like some bitchy kids need a "time out".

I recently ordered one of these DACs, and I'll be happy to give an honest opinion of it based on what I know and what I've heard.

FWIW, I don't know Stanley, nor do I work for him.

Do so, please!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back