Lilith Audio Player
Oct 3, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #76 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by XSAlliN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You made me laugh, this post was even better than the one where you need 20000000 dollars in the bank to hear the differences.
You need to have super powers, and if you don't get it you are so dumb you can distinguish a 128kbps from a wav.

Again I'm sorry if you don't get irony.

Quote:

I don't even now, what ....

PS.Learn the meaning of some phrases in English, cause you obviously don't underestimated them.

And you tell me to learn English ?

Man give me a break.

Like Henmyr said the only possibility is that one of the players is doing something wrong decoding or applying some EQ.

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #78 of 505
I'm new here, but does this forum alow (the moderators) tons of off-topic posts? You started this topic about a player but not even 10% of the people posting here tested it. Most of them talk about all kinds of things except this player and the experience with it.Anyway Jessica Alba is married, so...have you seen the steering contest... those phones look like their edited with Photoshop. - something like that.

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #79 of 505
Interesting audio player, wish I knew japanese as I am not sure what each of the buttons do, interestingly in Vista some of the buttons are identified in english when the cursor is placed on the button, but in Xp this doesn't occur. I haven't as yet been able to get 88/96khz upsampling working, also my Lynx soundcard has it's asio missing after the second start of the player and I have to revert to Direct (any thoughts why this should be?). The sound is very good (using direct) if a little different to Foobar which I generally use with the WASAPI plugin (pity this new player hasn't got this feature). With this new player the voices appear to be projected more foreward although it seems to be a little coarser or harder sounding than Foobar, I must stress any differences are relatively minor and all the well known players such as Foobar & XMPlay do a fine job, although I think at present that CPlay is probably the best overall sounding player in my setup.

Oct 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #80 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting audio player, wish I knew japanese as I am not sure what each of the buttons do, interestingly in Vista some of the buttons are identified in english when the cursor is placed on the button, but in Xp this doesn't occur. I haven't as yet been able to get 88/96khz upsampling working, also my Lynx soundcard has it's asio missing after the second start of the player and I have to revert to Direct (any thoughts why this should be?). The sound is very good (using direct) if a little different to Foobar which I generally use with the WASAPI plugin (pity this new player hasn't got this feature). With this new player the voices appear to be projected more foreward although it seems to be a little coarser or harder sounding than Foobar, I must stress any differences are relatively minor and all the well known players such as Foobar & XMPlay do a fine job, although I think at present that CPlay is probably the best overall sounding player in my setup.

Here you go my friend (ENGLISH):

Quote:

I forget the test version iside the last one, sorry for that, here's the UPDATED ONE:

Lilith Audio Player (project9k)

Alternative link (Rapidshare)

o2smile.gif
wink_face.gif

LE:LE: Uncheck "Using floating-point" from Sound Output, you might need a capable card to use that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #81 of 505
XSAlliN said:

To [sic] bad some people spend thousands of dollars on audio equipment, using DAC, SPDIF or other options that in their opinion improves [sic] the sound quality - [sic] when all that [sic] in your opinion [sic] is just Placebo effect.

I don't even now [sic], [sic] what you're doing on this forum since for you better sound quality is just a Myth. I didn't knew [sic] you have to have super powers to distinguish a 128 kbps from a WAV, so [sic] guess your [sic] are one of those people.

In your case, x-fi extreme music/ sennheiser 555 or [sic] wasted money since on board sound would do just the same.

PS.[sic]Learn the meaning of some phrases in English, cause you obviously don't understand them.

Dude, if you're going to be low enough to bash somebody's grammar in an internet forum about headphone fidelity... you should probably make sure your own is better than this....

Oct 3, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #82 of 505
Quote:

I'm new here, but does this forum alow (the moderators) tons of off-topic posts? You started this topic about a player but not even 10% of the people posting here tested it. Most of them talk about all kinds of things except this player and the experience with it.Anyway Jessica Alba is married, so...have you seen the steering contest... those phones look like their edited with Photoshop. - something like that.

The picture is straight from a video, so the headphones are real.

Oct 4, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #84 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by uhcmos1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're looking for tone, just get an EQ and add all of the coloration you want.

Why? What if we feel as if the sound can't be changed by EQ? I doubt you could make bass tighter by messing with EQ, or better dynamics, or maybe even transparency?

If it's all in my head, thats fine with me. It's my head, after all.

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #85 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XSAlliN said:

To [sic] bad some people spend thousands of dollars on audio equipment, using DAC, SPDIF or other options that in their opinion improves [sic] the sound quality - [sic] when all that [sic] in your opinion [sic] is just Placebo effect.

I don't even now [sic], [sic] what you're doing on this forum since for you better sound quality is just a Myth. I didn't knew [sic] you have to have super powers to distinguish a 128 kbps from a WAV, so [sic] guess your [sic] are one of those people.

In your case, x-fi extreme music/ sennheiser 555 or [sic] wasted money since on board sound would do just the same.

PS.[sic]Learn the meaning of some phrases in English, cause you obviously don't understand them.

Dude, if you're going to be low enough to bash somebody's grammar in an internet forum about headphone fidelity... you should probably make sure your own is better than this....

It was not about grammar, since english is not my native language. It was about the meaning of some phrases.

"I like the sound of that car, it definitely sound better then mine"

-------------

"OMG, his such a loser saying that card has the best sound ever"

Something like that happen before and I personally don't like other people putting words in my mouth (or writings in a Topic) which I never used. And all that in a offensive way, saying it was just irony.

Quote:

The picture is straight from a video, so the headphones are real.

Was just an example on how off-topic this topic is, you didn't have to answer to that.
o2smile.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #86 of 505
uLilith (Unicode OS, I believe Windows 2000 and up)looks to be in test phase so if you want to check it out. There isn't a configuration/preferences section as of yet.

It also requires Visual C++ 2008 Redist before you can run it. I'm not sure if you need Visual C++ 2005 but it won't hurt either.

Index of /download/uLilith

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #88 of 505
Hey all,

Just for your info, I live in Japan, speak/write fluently, and even translate Jap-Eng as a freelancer, so if anyone wants some help with the Japanese stuff, just shoot me a PM.

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #89 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by nipponbiki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all,

Just for your info, I live in Japan, speak/write fluently, and even translate Jap-Eng as a freelancer, so if anyone wants some help with the Japanese stuff, just shoot me a PM.

Man, how I wish you had made that statement sooner. Back then, I've speed a lot of time translating it:

Lilith Audio Player (project9k)

Alternative link (Rapidshare)

My native language is Romanian, so I did it based on translation engine like Google Language Tools - boy was that hard and long lasting.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back