Lightning to micro USB alternatives (aka tired of bulky Apple cables)
Feb 19, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #61 of 76
I am very pleased with what I'm hearing with the cable from @lavricables between my iPhone XS Max and Chord Mojo. This was worth the extra dollars over the MeloAudio cable I mentioned above.

Great service from Lavricables as well. I inadvertently damaged the cable before even having a chance to listen to it. I was able to send it back and get it re-terminated (at my cost).

I had been souring a bit on my AudioQuest Nightowl Carbon headphones since I started using a Mojo. There was a grayness to the sound that bothered me. I just put them on now for the first time since I got the Lavricable. The treble is as good as I've heard from these headphones. With my Cardas A8 earbuds, using the Lavricable between iPhone and Mojo got the sound quality much closer to what I hear when using the Poly instead with the Mojo.

May 16, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #62 of 76
As another data point, Meenova Lightning-to-MicroUSB Cable G2, 6" black working fine connecting an iPhone 11 on iOS 13.2 to a Mojo.

I too am looking for a lightning to micro USB solution, hence searching on head-fi. I had a look at the Meenova page:

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html

and I am disturbed to see they state:

NOT compatible with the following products: Dji Mavic Pro, Dji Spark, Shure MV51, COZOY Astrapi, Fiio Q1 Mark II, Fiio Q5 and other MFi DAC products. These products only work with the "official" cables from the manufacturers.

of particular the "These products only work with the "official" cables from the manufacturers.". I personally find this to be a despicable act on the manufacturer's part and in all honesty, in breach of antitrust laws (monopolistic and anti competitive behaviour). This is not Meenova's fault, don't get me wrong. Manufacturers shouldn't be allowed to screw consumers like this and it needs to be outlawed imho.

May 16, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #63 of 76
Just to clarify - is Apple stopping 3rd party lightning cables working via iOS (all of them) or just the lightning to micro USB versions? If the former, I believe this to be a breach of Australian anti competition laws and will file a complaint with the ACCC. I've long had enough of Apple's monopolistic behaviour.

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #64 of 76
Has anyone else’s @lavricables stopped working recently? Mine abruptly stopped working last weekend (8 days ago). I’m curious if this coincided with an iOS update? Mine does not get any wear and tear or travel, so it seems unlikely that physical damage was the culprit.

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #65 of 76
Has anyone else’s @lavricables stopped working recently? Mine abruptly stopped working last weekend (8 days ago). I’m curious if this coincided with an iOS update? Mine does not get any wear and tear or travel, so it seems unlikely that physical damage was the culprit.

probably an Apple update...they're that type of company...

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #66 of 76
Just tested my similar cable (can't remember brand, but same idea, a little cable with Apple lightning to mini USB to feed Chord Mojo without using camera adapter: Mine works, no issues. That's using an iPhone XS Max with latest updates...

Oct 2, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #68 of 76
@JM1979 there are no issues with ios updates. All versions above 10.3 including latest one are supported.

@dpastern what do you mean?

Hello,

I would like to place order for LAVRICABLES's REFERENCE SILVER LIGHTNING TO CHORD HUGO MOJO AUDIOQUEST DRAGONFLY INTERCONNECT CABLE BY LAVRICABLES V3.

Will this work with iOS 14.0.1 and iPhone SE 2016 (first gen) model?

I will be using with CHORD MOJO.

And what does this mean V3.0 with more robust lightning end?

And is this item ships from UK? I'm in NC, USA.

Thanks!

1601615715573.png

Mar 15, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #70 of 76
I got the Meenova lightning to micro USB cable from amazon, and works really well with both my Hidizs S8 and ES100 on an iPhone 11 (latest iOS version). Curiously, it did not work with the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, which is ostensibly the same internally as the S8.. although I know there are different firmware versions for that device which I didn't play around with.

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #72 of 76
hi, i have a fiio lightning to micro usb cable, FIIO L19 cable, that used to work in the past with mojo on older iphones, now i have the iphone 12 pro max and that fiio cable is not working on iphone 12 pro max on latest firmware, or is there something i should do on my iphone

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #73 of 76
Hiby has a Lightning / USB-C cable that works with my iPhone 10 Pro Max and 2019 iPad Mini. Yes I know this is the USB-micro thread, and I haven't tried it with any USB-micro adaptors, but with a native USB-C DAC it works fine. And it's inexpensive and non-bulky. I ordered direct from Hiby and it arrived in a week or so.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #74 of 76
Hi-Res Lossless using the Lightning-to-microUSB cable from Amazon with iPhone 12 Pro Max and Chord Mojo.
Do you have a link?
Also I’m really curious if someone ever cut the cable on an apple camera adapter and then soldered the two ends with another cable or something like USPCB? And why high end cable manufacturers don’t just buy a cck and cut out the chip (or the connectors with the chip inside) to make a really high quality lightning cable?
And is the chip located in the male lightning or the femal usb a? I noticed also lavricables stopped making the cable mentioned above

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back