Light Harmonic GEEK
Apr 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #617 of 1,658

I was in the Kickstarter campaign.  I get all the updates.  I sent Manny an email following one of them.  They kick suggesting it probably should have shipped but nothing shows up and still no tracking number.  He had record of my order.  I backed the Geek Pulse Indiegogo project as well but did not request any Geek Outs through that campaign.  I hate to admit how much I spent between those two campaigns. :)

Don't worry. The wait will be worth it. I'm absolutely loving mine right now.

1+: ordered fairly early in the campaign, came just a few days ago, definitely worth the wait, loving it.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #620 of 1,658
I got a shipping notice on 4/17 and received my GEEK Out 450 today.  This thing is REALLY good, and was easily worth the wait for me.  Definitely better than the HRT Microstreamer on first listen.  Need to build a new cable to hook it up to my Schiit Vali and an adapter for some of my headphones before I can give it a good comparo to my Nuforce HDP and cDAC+ as sources and a combo.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #621 of 1,658
  I got a shipping notice on 4/17 and received my GEEK Out 450 today.  This thing is REALLY good, and was easily worth the wait for me.  Definitely better than the HRT Microstreamer on first listen.  Need to build a new cable to hook it up to my Schiit Vali and an adapter for some of my headphones before I can give it a good comparo to my Nuforce HDP and cDAC+ as sources and a combo.

I'll be heading to Plainfield tomorrow after work. I'm inviting myself over for a listen. :wink:

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #622 of 1,658
I've had my geek 450 running in all afternoon and did some comparisons to my sound card. I would say the geek is not a world beater. It's a nice sounding product within its price class. I'm not using it to drive headphones. I've got it hooked up to my icon headphone amp working purely as a dac. My computer has a nice HT | OMEGA CLARO Plus+ sound card and the geek and the claro sound very similar. The geek does have a slightly lowered noise floor so the background is maybe slightly clearer. The sound is so close I really couldn't pick a clear winner. So my initial verdict is nice but not really needed if you've already got a audiophile grade sound card in your desktop. Obviously this will toast the built in audio on any laptop which is what they are targeting anyways.

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #623 of 1,658
  I've had my geek 450 running in all afternoon and did some comparisons to my sound card. I would say the geek is not a world beater. It's a nice sounding product within its price class. I'm not using it to drive headphones. I've got it hooked up to my icon headphone amp working purely as a dac. My computer has a nice HT | OMEGA CLARO Plus+ sound card and the geek and the claro sound very similar. The geek does have a slightly lowered noise floor so the background is maybe slightly clearer. The sound is so close I really couldn't pick a clear winner. So my initial verdict is nice but not really needed if you've already got a audiophile grade sound card in your desktop. Obviously this will toast the built in audio on any laptop which is what they are targeting anyways.

Thanks for your impressions...

What software you use for playback?  

Why not try the headphone output straight from the GeekOut?

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #624 of 1,658
  Thanks for your impressions...

What software you use for playback?  

Why not try the headphone output straight from the GeekOut?

A 450 is likely not going to drive my He-500's well and I don't have a converter to go from 1/4 to 1/8 to plug directly into the geek to even test it. If someones looking for a geek and doesn't want to wait on LH I will probably have this one up for sale shortly. I'm using foobar for a player.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #625 of 1,658
Well, it's been a long time coming but I'll finally be able to hear the GO for myself soon. They are sending out the 720s this week and hopefully I'll have mine by next week.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #627 of 1,658
What model did you get? Iinm all models except the 720s have been sent out so it won't be that far out to expect it soon?

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #628 of 1,658
What model did you get? Iinm all models except the 720s have been sent out so it won't be that far out to expect it soon?

I ordered the Geek Pulse/Out bundle, so I'm not really expecting that to be delivered any time soon considering there hasn't been any news about the survey recently.

I also won a Geek Out 450 through the CES 2014 events. I received a congratulatory e-mail from that event and I was asked which colour I would like. I haven't heard any news about when that will ship otherwise.

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #629 of 1,658
I also won a Geek Out 450 through the CES 2014 events. I received a congratulatory e-mail from that event and I was asked which colour I would like. I haven't heard any news about when that will ship otherwise.

I was emailing with Manny around the middle of last week. They should be shipping the CES contest winners their GO this week. I'm excited. It means I'll get my CES GO before my bundle unit. Hoping to get confirmation on shipping in the next day or two, but we'll see. I'd send him an email just to be on the safe side and confirm that yours is also shipping this week: cs@lhlabs.com.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #630 of 1,658

I'll be heading to Plainfield tomorrow after work. I'm inviting myself over for a listen. :wink:

You are welcome too if you come into the city!

I know Cincy isn't that close to Chicago, but a big meet is being put together for late June.  Check my signature for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back