Light Harmonic GEEK
Oct 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #181 of 1,658

Cool, thanks for the info.

I'm pretty happy with the HiFi-M8 but I can't help be a little intrigued by the GEEK. I've managed to hold myself back from ordering one but I'm not sure if I'll be able to last or not.

The way they set it up is genius. The longer you wait, the more it will end up costing you if you do decide to get it.

When I see a good deal, I'm more of a "buy now, ask questions later" type of person, because by the time you do, the deal is gone.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #182 of 1,658
  Nice little Geek announcement happening tonight that I will be jumping on.

remember shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, mums the word, tick a lock , loose lips sink ships ! lol

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #184 of 1,658

Cool, thanks for the info.

I'm pretty happy with the HiFi-M8 but I can't help be a little intrigued by the GEEK. I've managed to hold myself back from ordering one but I'm not sure if I'll be able to last or not.

I am extremely happy with my M8, but something about the way Light Harmonic has been conducting the GEEK campaign has me really eager to back them for both GEEK and the Pulse.  I am sure more info will be available tomorrow about the Pulse.  

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #185 of 1,658
  I am extremely happy with my M8, but something about the way Light Harmonic has been conduction the GEEK campaign has me really eager to back them for both GEEK and the Pulse.  I am sure more info will be available tomorrow about the Pulse.  

same here, i kinda feel part of it, and really not that big of investment.
and its brilliant on LH's part, build a statement piece, great press, and get product out to a broader base, with an additional capital provided by the consumer

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #186 of 1,658
I love that they actively seek input from the community, respond, and then implement based on feedback. Then they offer a nice discount to early backers. The request to switch to the Sabre was one such implementation.

On top of that, they have a very competent engineer designing the product, that basically helped write the USB specification, and helped create a world class DAC. It makes for a very compelling product that I believe will succeed and sound fantastic, at a lower price than most competing products.

In essence, and in reality, we are all "investors" to the project, so we all want it to succeed as well. It's a great campaign.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #187 of 1,658
  The way they set it up is genius. The longer you wait, the more it will end up costing you if you do decide to get it.

When I see a good deal, I'm more of a "buy now, ask questions later" type of person, because by the time you do, the deal is gone.

I didn't hear about the GEEK until the kickstarter campaign was finished so I missed out on the special pricing.

Oct 29, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #189 of 1,658
  Nice little Geek announcement happening tonight that I will be jumping on.

I am wondering this time. I prefer balanced design (input, circuit and output) for desktop version.
darthsmile.gif

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #191 of 1,658
Guys, regardless of the reason, please do not ever post referral links. Thanks.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #194 of 1,658
I think testing units are supposed to go out next month (there was a $1k option on the kickstarter to be a part of it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back