Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 9, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #4,366 of 5,933
Feb 9, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #4,367 of 5,933
Sorry was talking about dimensions.

The DTP 894472 battery has a size of: 9.1 x 44.5 x 74mm

The dimensions of the battery you have linked however is too long.

For a 4500mah the closes DTP Battery w/ that dimension is DTP 815188 w/ 8.2 x 51 x 88mm
However they have also DTP 105085 w/c is a 5000mah w/ dimensions 10x50x85mm.

... And after these long wait why I am still discussing these :confounded:

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #4,371 of 5,933
Crowdfunding is more than just invested into an idea, the campaigner should walk with the backers in all phases of product development, not hiding and avoid communication and keep backers in dark.
Geek Wave: A No-compromise Portable Music Player

compromise
ˈkɒmprəmʌɪz/
noun
  1. 1.
    an agreement or settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.
    "eventually they reached a compromise"
    synonyms: agreement, understanding, settlement, terms, accommodation; More

2. 2.
    the expedient acceptance of standards that are lower than is desirable.
    "sexism should be tackled without compromise"
verb
  1. 1.
    settle a dispute by mutual concession.
    "in the end we compromised and deferred the issue"
    synonyms: meet each other halfway, find the middle ground, come to terms, come to an understanding, make a deal, make concessions, find a happy medium, strike a balance; More

2. 2.
    expediently accept standards that are lower than is desirable.
    "we were not prepared to compromise on safety"
:grin::smile::sweat_smile:

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #4,372 of 5,933
No Geek Wave but Source is available for pre-order. And they have stock of Vi Dac and Pulse X. Authorized dealer to boost! Perhaps will deliver faster than LH labs themselves!

10071032.png

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #4,373 of 5,933
No Geek Wave but Source is available for pre-order. And they have stock of Vi Dac and Pulse X. Authorized dealer to boost! Perhaps will deliver faster than LH labs themselves!

Pre order is meaningless. You can preorder the Source on the LH Labs marketplace. As for Pulse X and Vi DAC, how many do they have in stock? One each... One Hundred? Again, largely meaningless. At least meaningless without the number available in stock.

As for the Wave, nobody has preorder for those, not even the LH Labs marketplace.

J.P.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #4,374 of 5,933

Pre order is meaningless. You can preorder the Source on the LH Labs marketplace. As for Pulse X and Vi DAC, how many do they have in stock? One each... One Hundred? Again, largely meaningless. At least meaningless without the number available in stock.

As for the Wave, nobody has preorder for those, not even the LH Labs marketplace.

J.P.
If you think that it's alright for LH labs to make Vi DAC and Pulse X available in the market when there are still backers whose orders have not been fulfilled, good for you.

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #4,375 of 5,933
LH Labs is a business, and businesses require sales to produce income and stay in business. I don't like that a few units are going to retail before all backers are satisfied, but do understand the necessity to do so. I would much rather have my indiegogo product delayed by a few weeks or even months than never receive it because the company went bankrupt before fulfilling their campaign backers.

I just don't get why some people get their jollies from stirring up Schiit and making others lives unpleasant.

J.P.

Feb 17, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #4,376 of 5,933
LH Labs is a business, and businesses require sales to produce income and stay in business. I don't like that a few units are going to retail before all backers are satisfied, but do understand the necessity to do so. I would much rather have my indiegogo product delayed by a few weeks or even months than never receive it because the company went bankrupt before fulfilling their campaign backers.

I just don't get why some people get their jollies from stirring up Schiit and making others lives unpleasant.

J.P.

1. 2013 vs "a few weeks". Big difference. Remember: we are talking about LH labs making their products available in the market before fulfilling their old orders, not delaying delivery because of unforeseen problems.

2. This is not the first time LH labs do something like this, among their other shady practices.

3. It's interesting how LH labs portray themselves as victim. With the help of people like @wingsounds13, of course (BTW, wingsounds13, as LH labs' employee @stuck limo admitted, is "ITK", which makes the whole thing more suspicious). "Making other lives unpleasant"? By my words? Or is it actually more "unpleasant" when some shady people take millions of dollars from others?

4. I am sure you have heard of the concept "dissonance reduction"? Or rationalization? It's one thing not able to detect fishiness. It's another thing for being duped and then rationalize about it. Anna Freud called it '"identification with the aggressor". Nowadays people call it "Stockholm syndrome".

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #4,377 of 5,933
So after confirming with Manny and paying for an upgrade of my Source SE to a 2TB version over a year ago, LHL is trying to renege on the deal. A Source SE is two SSD's so any upgrade to 2TB would mean a total of 4TB in SSD's
I'm waiting on them to review it and "see what can be done" as if I'm somehow in the wrong and their own employee didn't confirm it. All this has to happen just before they ship it and not when we were updated on the failure to add RAID and had the offer of combining our SSD's into one.
Clearly stated that I'd take a 4TB one when asked but I guess they never bothered to read my reply. So now I wait for them to "work" it out and see if I can get what they promised and I paid for or if I'll end up screwed.

I guess nothing can be trusted with this company. Not even receipts and the word of their support staff.
So here's hoping I at least get my two 2TB SSD's

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #4,378 of 5,933
So after confirming with Manny and paying for an upgrade of my Source SE to a 2TB version over a year ago, LHL is trying to renege on the deal. A Source SE is two SSD's so any upgrade to 2TB would mean a total of 4TB in SSD's
I'm waiting on them to review it and "see what can be done" as if I'm somehow in the wrong and their own employee didn't confirm it. All this has to happen just before they ship it and not when we were updated on the failure to add RAID and had the offer of combining our SSD's into one.
Clearly stated that I'd take a 4TB one when asked but I guess they never bothered to read my reply. So now I wait for them to "work" it out and see if I can get what they promised and I paid for or if I'll end up screwed.

I guess nothing can be trusted with this company. Not even receipts and the word of their support staff.
So here's hoping I at least get my two 2TB SSD's

No one is blaming Shawn, and he is the only person's order we are reviewing. Everyone else's invoice appears to be fine. Shawn's issue is his configuration got altered manually, so we are checking things on our end reviewing the alteration. Shawn is not at fault here, and we are working to clear up and resolve this.

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #4,379 of 5,933
I'm may not be blamed but every day my Source SE is delayed because of this I am being punished.

It's very simple. Source SE offered RAID. Basic model of it was two 1TB SSD's for a total of 2TB's. An upgrade to a 2TB model would imply the SSD size. Manny was well aware that would mean an upgrade of both SSD's. I didn't think I needed to have all that spelt out at that the time, As Larry always said to trust him and he would make everything "right" in the end I didn't think I had to. I paid for the upgrade, Manny confirmed it. The final configuration was confirmed multiple times yet now as it's about the ship there is a problem. Having to provide my own copy of LHL support tickets and receipts makes me feel like I'm under suspicion. My order is now being held up and I have no idea if or when it'll ever ship. All this over a single 2TB SSD when I've spent around 10k on your products so far. If we can't trust what your CS tells us, if we can't even trust having receipts, then what can we trust from LHL?

The receipt was for a Source 2TB SSD for Signature Edition. That should be clear enough.

Mar 2, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #4,380 of 5,933
I didn't even know Source is being shipped. Waddaya know?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back