Light Harmonic Geek Wave

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vincent215, Apr 9, 2014.
First

Back
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
292 293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last
  1. okthxbye
    Amazing! Now they can finally start planning and developing the Geek Wave! Let's see how long the development stage will last! Remember, we're still dealing with a prototype! :zipper_mouth:

2. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  3. marflao
  4. wingsounds13
    Just because the chip has the capability does not mean that it will be used. We will have to wait and see what level of WiFi and Bluetooth are implemented in the Wave.

Boards in house... now it's only three to six months until Wave beta testing.

J.P.

5. marflao
    ... and this is probably just for the XD256 model...

@ Jarek:
    any chance you can provide updated spec charts for all Wave and Source models?

6. zagtastic
  7. m-i-c-k-e-y
    IDK too many queries. Is this board a DAD256 and they will see how everything functions? How will they impliment this chip? How many variants?

But bottom line is.... The very very long wait (as w/ other products). Will it still be a A&K beater? Now my friends are laughing at me....

8. spyder1
    LH Labs speed = 9 months to 1 year, or longer!

9. wingsounds13
    The problem is that this is only a beta test build, not even a release candidate. In reality, if all goes well and there are no design flaws or significant hardware bugs found, this build could be declared a production article. Unfortunately, it is almost certain that there are some flaws (many full production products still have flaws that could be corrected to make an even better product) but the hope is that they are insignificant and/or easily fixed and the next, production ready will be produced in only a few months. The problem is that in the LH Labs universe "only a few months" counts in tens of months rather than two or three months.

The hope is that the Wave does start shipping in 2018 but even I, the eternal optimist, am losing faith in that prospect - with eleven months remaining in this year. :frowning2:

J.P.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  10. bernardperu
    Based on LH Labs' business history for the past 4 years, one would also have to hope that once the units are ready (if they ever are), LH Labs will actually ship them to Indiegogo buyers and not new paying customers (perhaps located in Asia where the awful feedback LH Labs has is not as watched). In my opinion, Larry Ho is likely to sell the Wave units to new customers (no one really knows this, except for Larry Ho). We are just left out here to guess based on LH business ethics.

11. germay0653
    I wouldn't hold my breath for anything in 2018. It'll be the same old game of holdup, after holdup, after holdup. Unfortunately, I lost faith a long time ago.

spyder1 likes this.
  12. MikeyFresh
    Yes, very questionable business ethics at that.

We wouldn't be left to pure guessing if LH Labs had been transparent, honest, and forthcoming about their failure to deliver products over the past 3 years. That would be the only ethical thing to do when you've taken millions of dollars in funding and then provided no factual information, timely or otherwise, on the status of production and ultimate delivery.

13. m-i-c-k-e-y
    marflao likes this.
  14. marflao
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  15. m-i-c-k-e-y
First

Back
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
292 293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last