Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 14, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #3,993 of 5,933
Though I'll say one thing that whenever we do get served our horse meat it sure will be tender

deadhorse.gif

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #3,994 of 5,933
  I doubt this will surprise anyone here, but LH Labs has an "F" rating by the California Better Business Bureau..http://www.bbb.org/sacramento/business-reviews/audio-visual-equipment-wholesale-and-manufacturers/light-harmonic-in-roseville-ca-90020081 .  Looks like Larry and his team are going to have to put in a lot of overtime to rebuild confidence in the business world.  I do wonder if this is having any impact on the team's ability to get contracts with suppliers or manufacturers for their products.  This is all very sad, but for anyone who has followed this campaign from the beginning, it's pretty clear that the "F" rating is an appropriate business score for the present LH Labs company.

Well, I guess LH labs has impressed someone; their BBB rating is now a D+.....

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #3,996 of 5,933
If everyone who was being screwed by LH Labs on this one filed a complaint, they would be F forever. Too bad we can't rate Gavin an F also. He was the brains behind the marketing deception on this one.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #3,997 of 5,933
Yeah jumped ship w/ that other bearded guy. Washed his hands saying "helped the guy, time to move on"...Offered drinks who felt bad.

Lesson learned: Don't trust a bearded guy dancing a "Geek" shirt...

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #3,998 of 5,933
My concern at the moment is that I've already spent 1,016 CAD on my wave x128, and my worry is it won't be nearly as good as the competition, the 3rd Gen Fiio X5 is less than half the price. Would the wave x128 be much better than the AK70, Fiio X7, Fiio X5 3rd gen, Onkyo DP-X1 etc... and close to the AK300? That's what I'd want to know. Has Larry mentioned anything about how it will compare to the present competition?

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #3,999 of 5,933
I'm not that concerned that it won't sound good, I'm sure it will sound great, be competitive at whatever price point. My concern is more, will we ever get it...

Feb 22, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #4,000 of 5,933
Larry absolutely has to bear the brunt of the blame, irrespective to Gavin's shady marketing practices. Larry signed off on all of the empty promises made from LH Labs, even if they were Gavin's inventions.

The fact is that Larry is a poor entrepreneur, but a good engineer and an even better dreamer. I hope the people here can dichotomize their feelings and understand that the engineering on LH products is top notch (the digital side especially), and that the way Larry works will take time. He will work and rework his board designs, and go through code slowly. However, this kind of behavior inevitably leads to poor, untimely product execution. The employees see Larry taking his grand ol' time, and aren't incentivized to compress their own work schedules. No one expects Gina to really care about how noise floor in the ultrasonic region will affect sound, nor should anyone do so. She's only there to bide the time until Larry has the product ready to deliver.

So here's what consumers have to weigh: do they want a product that is rock solid from an engineering perspective but is four years late (and a lot of hurt feelings later), or do they want something that has more transmitted jitter and a slightly higher measured noise floor, but works well, and is delivered on time? Keep in mind that except for the few individuals out there with unflappable ears that have invincible auditory hair cells as well as the cognitive insight to appreciate good sound, no one can really hear the difference.

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #4,002 of 5,933
The problem is I don't think you can even say their product is rock solid from an engineering perspective. See the various posts about unsafe firmware update software with no version or compatability checking, failure to sync lock, high failure rates, the max volume bug on the geek out, failure to get their cross feed implementation to work on geek out, failure to install mu metal shielding and then saying you void your warranty if you open your unit up to check, etc etc ...

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #4,003 of 5,933
I think LH Labs should think outside the box, and perhaps save some face. They should make an OEM deal with FIIO, and everyone who funded a Geek Wave gets an X5 3rd generation. With a deal something like this, they could save some face. This is perhaps overly simple, but I would not want to be either LH Labs or IndieGoGo if the Geek Wave project fails....

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #4,004 of 5,933
I think LH Labs should think outside the box, and perhaps save some face. They should make an OEM deal with FIIO, and everyone who funded a Geek Wave gets an X5 3rd generation. With a deal something like this, they could save some face. This is perhaps overly simple, but I would not want to be either LH Labs or IndieGoGo if the Geek Wave project fails....

Interesting idea. Here's another "refund" idea:

http://blog.sapper.me/post/157277221302/how-to-refund-300k-usd-to-1000-indiegogo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back