Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 10, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #3,976 of 5,933
AudibleLegend, You sound optimistic to me.Optimistic because your complaints assume we will receive products. To me nothing is being handed out for free until something is delivered.  I am wondering which of many campaigns will ship at all. And IF one, more, or all end up shipping, then when? In what order? With what support? After how many more,surveys, changes, etc. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #3,977 of 5,933
I certainly understand the concern, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will have Geek Waves in our hands soon. It might be in a couple months or the summer or the end of the year, but it's around the corner. They're basically just a few steps away from mass production of the devices so there's only so much longer that it can possibly be. I do think, once again, they are still way too optimistic as earlier this year they were saying they hoped to deliver these all out by the end of Q1 (yeah, right). 

Had you asked me the question over the past couple years, I would be in the same corner as everyone saying, "we'll be lucky to ever even get anything regardless of quality"...but it's clear that so much work has now been done in terms of the hardware and OS and case, etc. that it really is just around the corner. Finally.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #3,978 of 5,933
I certainly understand the concern, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will have Geek Waves in our hands soon. It might be in a couple months or the summer or the end of the year, but it's around the corner. They're basically just a few steps away from mass production of the devices so there's only so much longer that it can possibly be. I do think, once again, they are still way too optimistic as earlier this year they were saying they hoped to deliver these all out by the end of Q1 (yeah, right). 

Had you asked me the question over the past couple years, I would be in the same corner as everyone saying, "we'll be lucky to ever even get anything regardless of quality"...but it's clear that so much work has now been done in terms of the hardware and OS and case, etc. that it really is just around the corner. Finally.

You're very optimistic.
I have faith we'll eventually get it, just not anytime soon.
I highly doubt I'll see mine this year

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #3,979 of 5,933
I'm happy if I have mine by this time next year. And by happy I mean I'm glad all of this is finally over, regardless how the actual product turns out. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #3,981 of 5,933
At least you guys are getting some response. I don't see my order on the marketplace. They gave me a canned response saying they added it, but it's not there and no communication after that after several ticket updates on my side. Not even so much as "we're working on it", no acknowledgement.

Incredibly unprofessional.

I'm going to give them a week to respond, will even give the courtesy of following up again on my end. And then if nothing, call my card company. I'd rather not deal with this.

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #3,982 of 5,933
At least you guys are getting some response. I don't see my order on the marketplace. They gave me a canned response saying they added it, but it's not there and no communication after that after several ticket updates on my side. Not even so much as "we're working on it", no acknowledgement.

Incredibly unprofessional.

I'm going to give them a week to respond, will even give the courtesy of following up again on my end. And then if nothing, call my card company. I'd rather not deal with this.

Considering the fact that they took the funds years ago don't be shocked if your card company can't help. Plus I'll bet that in the fine print of IGG that getting a perk is not guarenteed. That is why it is called a perk and not a product or sale. I wish you well, because if it works for you many will follow suit.

Feb 10, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #3,983 of 5,933
Considering the fact that they took the funds years ago don't be shocked if your card company can't help. Plus I'll bet that in the fine print of IGG that getting a perk is not guarenteed. That is why it is called a perk and not a product or sale. I wish you well, because if it works for you many will follow suit.

I'll give it time and see if there's an alternative mode of contact.

For the card company aspect, I know it's more of a long shot, but in my specific case, where they are rolling out the order cofirmation process gearing up to deliver product that was effectively paid for by people to people, just not responding to my specific technical issue in being part of this group, I think it provides enough of a body of evidence for remedy wherein they are solvent and feasibly in the process of fulfilling commitments to a class of backers of which I am a member and in my opinion as a result are obligated to fulfill for all backers in that class. I thinks that's very different than no one getting anything and that's just the backers risk and for which there is reasonable remedy.

Pretty much, the company has a product that they just will not give me specifically for whatever reason that I effectively paid for vs the project went under and no one is getting anything and you knew what you were getting into as a backer per the guidelines upon donation. A very facts and circumstances kind of thing so following suit isn't exactly a possibility for most I would imagine.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #3,984 of 5,933
For whatever it's worth I received order confirmation from them. Opened the ticket 2-3 days ago.

I'll give it time and see if there's an alternative mode of contact.

For the card company aspect, I know it's more of a long shot, but in my specific case, where they are rolling out the order cofirmation process gearing up to deliver product that was effectively paid for by people to people, just not responding to my specific technical issue in being part of this group, I think it provides enough of a body of evidence for remedy wherein they are solvent and feasibly in the process of fulfilling commitments to a class of backers of which I am a member and in my opinion as a result are obligated to fulfill for all backers in that class. I thinks that's very different than no one getting anything and that's just the backers risk and for which there is reasonable remedy.

Pretty much, the company has a product that they just will not give me specifically for whatever reason that I effectively paid for vs the project went under and no one is getting anything and you knew what you were getting into as a backer per the guidelines upon donation. A very facts and circumstances kind of thing so following suit isn't exactly a possibility for most I would imagine.

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #3,987 of 5,933
On my end I opened a ticket from the support page.

Indicated ALL the options I have with supported IGG links on my contribution page AND Paypal transaction numbers.

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #3,988 of 5,933
LHL came through and resolve my issue almost out of nowhere. They must have been slammed with similar issues. If I was to guess they didn't respond to my ticket saying they were working on it because it would bump me to the bottom of the queue. It's almost like a system catch 22. But that would be a guess.

Glad this was resolved cleanly :smile:

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #3,989 of 5,933
I doubt this will surprise anyone here, but LH Labs has an "F" rating by the California Better Business Bureau..http://www.bbb.org/sacramento/business-reviews/audio-visual-equipment-wholesale-and-manufacturers/light-harmonic-in-roseville-ca-90020081 .  Looks like Larry and his team are going to have to put in a lot of overtime to rebuild confidence in the business world.  I do wonder if this is having any impact on the team's ability to get contracts with suppliers or manufacturers for their products.  This is all very sad, but for anyone who has followed this campaign from the beginning, it's pretty clear that the "F" rating is an appropriate business score for the present LH Labs company.

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #3,990 of 5,933
I doubt this will surprise anyone here, but LH Labs has an "F" rating by the California Better Business Bureau..http://www.bbb.org/sacramento/business-reviews/audio-visual-equipment-wholesale-and-manufacturers/light-harmonic-in-roseville-ca-90020081 .  Looks like Larry and his team are going to have to put in a lot of overtime to rebuild confidence in the business world.  I do wonder if this is having any impact on the team's ability to get contracts with suppliers or manufacturers for their products.  This is all very sad, but for anyone who has followed this campaign from the beginning, it's pretty clear that the "F" rating is an appropriate business score for the present LH Labs company.

Yeah, I had heard this. It may affect their ability to move the business along. Sad! (as Prez would Tweet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back