Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jul 8, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,206 of 5,933
Welcome to my world...am in for the full tilt Wave, but the "perks" flew so fast and furiously, I'm never sure exactly what that means, don't even remember what case I chose, if any...

You can use the internetarchive to view an old version of the indiegogo website to see the old perks:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2,207 of 5,933
I already said before that the right thing to do would be to also offer the option to go to a wave flex or whatever the Wave that has no internal memory is called at no extra cost.

Also a refund. But that is supposedly impossible because of indiegogo (but of course that is rubbish - what indiegogo terms of use say is that indiegogo cant refund, which is true because they no longer have the money but there is nothing to stop the campaign owner from refunding if they cannot deliver).

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #2,208 of 5,933
Welcome to my world...am in for the full tilt Wave, but the "perks" flew so fast and furiously, I'm never sure exactly what that means, don't even remember what case I chose, if any...

You can use the internetarchive to view an old version of the indiegogo website to see the old perks:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player

That's a nice, organized chart, which I'm sure has little relation to the chaotic perks that were ordered in rapid succession. Nice to look at but doesn't get the sense of the one-at-a-time roll out of things like the option to have a switch for iems or full size cans, the option on the case material, etc. Think I actually wound up spending considerably more than the amount listed for the TOTL Wave, which I try not to think about :mad:

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #2,210 of 5,933

Of course you can ask.
I tend to doubt that you will get a refund. They have been pretty consistent about not giving refunds... at least to anyone who has posted here or on the Geek forums. You have nothing to lose by asking though.

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #2,211 of 5,933
GEEK is becoming like GREXIT. Beset with the same problems and how to deliver justice to the small ordinary person.

Emotionally like DEMOCRACY, LH produces products with great sound. Both Hype well. But is the flow of cash and reward distributed equitably...?

Some get privileges and others do not and so on...some pay taxes ie perks and other do not but both get a reward.

Takes a long time for both issues to reach some resolution.

Both communicate with an absolute lack of clarity and a great deal of obfuscation

Internally there are structural governance and/or executive ie management problems.

Let's sincerely hope Geek doesn't become GEEXIT.

re COVER. If we are not going to get the Titanium or Carbon Fibre we apid for can we get a leather carry holder protective cover instead?

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #2,212 of 5,933
I initially ordered Wave 32, but upgraded it to X 128 later. Do the benefits of free wifi and bluetooth apply to my case too?

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #2,213 of 5,933
Thanks for the update. I paid $167 for Geek Wave and $38 for Standalone DAC Upgrade. I have been patient and I am okay with the wait even if they deliver next year. But forcing me to pay $99 for the upgrade I don't want does not seem to be good. for some $99 seems to be good for the features they are getting (+32gb,WiFi,Bluetooth) But I don't need these features. Even if they ask 10-15% fee, thats fine. I have opened a case and asked for the refund. I will wait and see.

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #2,214 of 5,933
Can anyone on this forum thread enlighten me about the NEW Geek Force website registering process. I have just received an email from Gavin Fish with regard to this with a DIRE WARNING WE MUST REGISTER FOR HE NEW SITE, OK so I clicked on support which I supposed would lead me to the portal of this new TEMPLE. Um I entered my email to register and it said this email is already taken ie I assume that means I am already registered in support etc. Then I tried the Link to TEMPLE got to a slightly newish looking portal with the same email from Gavin at its head and lo and behold I just logged in with my old id and pw.

So now I am totally confused WHERE IS THE NEW PORTAL to the NEW TEMPLE where I am supposed to REGISTER.

Or was that just a hoax email and I am already registered anyway so what was the song and dance about re-registering all about? Or there is no such new website? I may be missing OUT by not knowing the URL of this NEW TEMPLE PORTAL or is it so secret that only the initiated high priests can know it?

Really puzzled by latest COMMIUNICATION from LH Labs.

help for
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #2,215 of 5,933
Had a similar issue , tried to log in, wouldn't accept my username/password. I already had this problem with the support site (wouldn't accept the password that got me on the the regular site), but logging in through Facebook solved it. Trying to avoid changing passwords yet again,

Jul 9, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #2,216 of 5,933
Well, I feel a little duped out of about $35. I upgraded from the 32 to the 64 before the campaign ended in order to ensure that I'd receive some product.

Now they are offering the same thing I paid for only cheaper. :expressionless:.

Time to send a ticket I suppose. If they try to offer it to me as some kind of credit, then I think my dam of patience might just overflow spilling some choice words in their direction.

Still, glad to see they offered the 32 backers some option other than the cold shoulder. I just wish they would have done it sooner.

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #2,217 of 5,933

I get it... I paid around $130 for the WiFi and Bluetooth perks... it looks like everyone is getting those now... for free.
I just wrote it off to the vagaries of compulsive perking...

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #2,218 of 5,933
I'm trying not to figure out how much I paid in extra by going for every perk...:xf_eek:

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #2,219 of 5,933
Jul 9, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #2,220 of 5,933
Back when the campaigns were going on, I called it "perk-a-geddon" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back