Light Harmonic Geek Wave
May 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #46 of 5,933
I finally got an email that said I was one of a back of geek outs that got held up in customs. They are resending the geek out directly so hopefully it gets here this time!!

May 6, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #47 of 5,933
So they're making a big change over at LHLabs that will make its way to Indiegogo shortly. They're splitting the Wave into two different products. First is the Geek Wave, a stand-alone DAP that has BT and will allow a phone to control it, but it stands by itself without a phone. Internal storage starting at 64GB and adding an SDHC slot. It will not charge phones and won't connect to the phone with lightning/USB cables. It'll come in multiple configurations.

Second is the Geek Wave Model S. Like before there's no storage, it charges phones and will be the DAC/amp for them and will be in a separate campaign launching some time in June.

Quote: Gavin Fish
 Point 1 - About the previous campaign: Those who have backed Geek Wave already will get a Geek Wave 128. If they already spent more than the Geek Wave 128 price, we will refund the difference. If they backed Geek Wave Model S, please see the next point.

Point 2 - We've decided to split Geek Wave and Geek Wave Model S into two separate campaigns. Model S will get its own reboot, starting in June. Those who backed it already will get the improved version. We'll go through this same process before we launch the campaign.

Point 3 - Attaching Wave to iPhone or Android is not in the cards. If you want a battery powered DAC for iPhone or Android, wait for the Model S reboot. Geek Wave is now a standalone player that can be controlled remotely by smartphone/tablet.

Point 4 - Geek Wave will not include Bluetooth/lightning streaming from your smartphone. For that, Model S is the ticket.

Point 5 - The SD card reader. We know we can support up to 128GB, but we haven't tested it above that. We'll let you know if the reader can support 256 or 512 as soon as we know.

http://geek.lhlabs.com/force/geekwave/1140-geek-wave-campaign,-rebooted.html

Venture over to their forums and you'll get the full scoop on the changes.

May 6, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #49 of 5,933
Well at least they're being realistic about their ability to deliver another product at the same time.

May 7, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #53 of 5,933
  I haven't visited their forums yet today to read any updates, but it sounds like I'll be asking them to cancel my backing as the new Wave isn't the product for which I backed. Guess I'll have to wait until June to see what they do with the Model S. Hopefully give it a different name, for starters.

Maybe by then you'll have your GO's.  I noticed there are two GO450's on the classifieds already.

May 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #54 of 5,933
I haven't been following the geek campaigns until I caught wind of the nano come wave campaign. What is the correct process to request a refund? I emailed customer service yesterday but haven't received a reply.

May 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #55 of 5,933
Maybe by then you'll have your GO's.  I noticed there are two GO450's on the classifieds already.

Probably because some people ended up with two geek outs and others with none due to a stuff up with their shipping software.

But hey they are going from building half a dozen $30,000 machines a year to thousands and thousands of $200 widgets a year.

May 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #56 of 5,933
I haven't been following the geek campaigns until I caught wind of the nano come wave campaign. What is the correct process to request a refund? I emailed customer service yesterday but haven't received a reply.

I would imagine their probably inundated with emails at the moment thanks to the changes. Before when I sent them emails it usually took 24-48 hours for Manny to send a response, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're currently holding a 72+ hour queue. I'm waiting until the Wave officially is relaunched before requesting a refund. There's still time for them to make more changes, and I might want to stay onboard. I have both a Wave and a Wave S backed at the moment, but I suspect I'll be requesting a refund on the Wave and letting my Wave S ride into the next campaign.

May 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #57 of 5,933
Larry has posted on their forum that refunds will be allowed in the reboot campaigns

May 10, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #60 of 5,933
It will probably cost them more in admin costs than the interest they make on that money.

Assuming they will manage their money poorly does not invalidate his point. If anything, it almost makes it worse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back