Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Nov 9, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #4,201 of 5,933
Definitely not looking like a Vi! Vi Not, is all I have to say...

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #4,202 of 5,933
Certainly appears to be the Source but too bad the pics are labelled Vi Dac! :deadhorse:
Definitely not looking like a Vi! Vi Not, is all I have to say...

It’s already been pointed out I labeled the Source pics as Vi Dac. My mistake, I was working on a Vi Dac update at that exact moment. Brain fart. I’ll try to fix the labeling.

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #4,207 of 5,933
Showing pictures of the unit in a box doesn't count as shipping

Next Source update will mention great customer feedbacks :wink:

@stuck limo
Sorry Jarek,

Need to come back to the Source questions I asked a month ago at the IGG side:

Latest update says the decisions for the 5TB HDD and the SSD have been done.
What about the 3TB HDD backers have opted for? Will this also be a Toshiba one from the same series?
Or won’t there be any 3TB HDD and all Sources will either have have a 5TB HDD or SSD?

Maybe he could also shed a bit light on it what particular functions the iOS Remote Control Software will have (e. g. if it will be possible to play certain genres/albums/years.... etc. or if it will be possible to random play songs based on the genres I have chosen).

Doesn't Larry respond to it?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #4,209 of 5,933
I'd be up for that as well...

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #4,211 of 5,933
Will we get a chance to test a beta or early version of the Wave and if so how do we get on that list?

The beta list to my understanding is a pre-selected, pre-screened, list of very select power users who have past ties (either professionally or by backing) with LH and who are very knowledgeable about using these types of products. I honestly don't know a whole lot about it -- if they had to pay or not. I don't know who's on the list. I asked for a beta unit, so (if) I get it, again, I'll post a full video over the unit, how it works, what it weighs, dimensions, etc. I'll go over every aspect of the unit for you guys.

There is no sign up list to get a beta unit to my knowledge. We're waiting on 5 boards to arrive next week from the factory.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #4,213 of 5,933
I'm sure jexby will be one of those.

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #4,214 of 5,933
Next Source update will mention great customer feedbacks :wink:

@stuck limo
Sorry Jarek,

Need to come back to the Source questions I asked a month ago at the IGG side:

Latest update says the decisions for the 5TB HDD and the SSD have been done.
What about the 3TB HDD backers have opted for? Will this also be a Toshiba one from the same series?
Or won’t there be any 3TB HDD and all Sources will either have have a 5TB HDD or SSD?

Maybe he could also shed a bit light on it what particular functions the iOS Remote Control Software will have (e. g. if it will be possible to play certain genres/albums/years.... etc. or if it will be possible to random play songs based on the genres I have chosen).

Doesn't Larry respond to it?

Thanks in advance.

I sent those questions to him again. As soon as I hear anything, I will let you know.

Nov 22, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #4,215 of 5,933
So, based on the last Source Update, the shipping started about two weeks ago. Yet, nobody in any forum for the Source has posted that they have received their Source. I imagine that after waiting all these years, someone would post a happy message somewhere to confirm that the Source really does exist and that it works. The silence does not make me optimistic about the shipping of regular Sources (still waiting for an update on those @stuck limo !!) and also the shipping of the Wave.

Where in the world is Larry hiding again and why is it so difficult for him to spend one hour each week to share some information????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back