Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Nov 29, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #4,231 of 5,933
Some people have just too much skin...

Nov 29, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #4,232 of 5,933
Didn't open it yet, but I see I got something from him as well, like the same pitch. WOW!
I told him to remove me from his mailing list as I held him directly responsible for a great deal of the over promising marketing BS that got LHL to where they are today. AND, I told him I would never touch anything that he was remotely connected with.

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #4,233 of 5,933
I just got an email from Gavin Fish hawking some power wallet (because I had funded a previous campaign) with some 'sorry things haven't worked out with LH Labs' 'apology'.
Dude's got some big balls, I'll give him that.

Wow...just wow.

I'd say that's pretty remarkable. I'm lucky that all I had to deal with was late delivery. Lack of shame is apparently a useful thing sometimes.

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #4,234 of 5,933
BTW - judging from what I keep seeing about the Wave, with prototype boards and such, it appears that they might be following through on that at some point. Either that, or it's a particularly sick joke.

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #4,235 of 5,933
BTW - judging from what I keep seeing about the Wave, with prototype boards and such, it appears that they might be following through on that at some point. Either that, or it's a particularly sick joke.
I would love to get something for the money that I threw at them. Regardless of what happens in that regard, it will be way too little and significantly too late for any LHL redemption in my eyes.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #4,236 of 5,933
I just got an email from Gavin Fish hawking some power wallet (because I had funded a previous campaign) with some 'sorry things haven't worked out with LH Labs' 'apology'.
Dude's got some big balls, I'll give him that.
Didn't open it yet, but I see I got something from him as well, like the same pitch. WOW!

I let Larry know of the situation with Gavin harassing the customers. I don't think Larry can do anything about it though.

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #4,237 of 5,933
I told him to remove me from his mailing list as I held him directly responsible for a great deal of the over promising marketing BS that got LHL to where they are today. AND, I told him I would never touch anything that he was remotely connected with.

I did the exactly same thing as you mate. I am so annoyed by his marketing BS. And the fact that he used his previous employer’s client list for his new employer is already beyond an ethical issue to me. I think his new employer and future employers should be aware of it. He can make use of old contacts for you meaning he will make use of yours one day for another employer.

The tone in the email sounds like he had done nothing wrong with the geek campaign at all is simply amazing.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #4,238 of 5,933
No, we haven't. It's a one-man show (not by my choice) at this point. But I am working them hard and long.

I'd like to have more updates, but the information coming through on these projects is a trickle.

On a side note, the new chassis on the Vi DAC should be nearing completion, soon-ish. (I know what I was told, but I'll hold out until it's official)

I backed a lowest-end Wave which seems you don’t want to produce it at all now. You are just forcing me to “upgrade” by paying more but I won’t give in. So I won’t get anything in the end even I paid before? I was not the one to offer the lowest end option and that’s LH’s decision. The GF email reminded me of this painful campaign and seems you want to explain of what’s going on and I am all ears.

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #4,239 of 5,933
I replied to Gavin Fish's e-mail today and told him I was not interested in whatever it is he is selling and asked him to take me off his email list. He did respond back, saying he would not bother me again...

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #4,240 of 5,933
I backed a lowest-end Wave which seems you don’t want to produce it at all now. You are just forcing me to “upgrade” by paying more but I won’t give in. So I won’t get anything in the end even I paid before? I was not the one to offer the lowest end option and that’s LH’s decision. The GF email reminded me of this painful campaign and seems you want to explain of what’s going on and I am all ears.

Let me double check.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #4,242 of 5,933

The Wave 32 no longer exists and I confirmed the upgrade is not free.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #4,245 of 5,933
I replied to Gavin Fish's e-mail today and told him I was not interested in whatever it is he is selling and asked him to take me off his email list. He did respond back, saying he would not bother me again...

I talked to Larry, and he is not happy and will talk to Gavin about it. He wants me to make very clear: this has NOTHING to do with LHL and we were not informed in any way this would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back