LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Dec 10, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #797 of 1,178

Take a new photo with a today's newspaper as proof that these photos are not old ones. Sorry don't trust LH Labs. Please upload full size photo not compressed one so we can verify it's not been Photoshop'ed.

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #798 of 1,178
I agree. This would bring back some confidence even if it's long since gone. This month I have my 4 year anniversary since buying the pulse without receiving even a single cable.

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #799 of 1,178
I agree. This would bring back some confidence even if it's long since gone. This month I have my 4 year anniversary since buying the pulse without receiving even a single cable.
These types of projects just never come to fruition.
I've backed numerous kickstarter projects.... and they are mostly just vaporware that stays vaporware.

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #802 of 1,178
I believe we should assume that the items we have purchased will not be honored. Or even if we ever receive them, it will be way too late.

Way too late for good sounding equipment? What? I got some vintage gear in my house that I got way too late (like 40 years). Better toss it out.

Just to give everyone a progress report: On the BigCommerce tickets, right now we're now closing in on (by tomorrow) 150 tickets that are "Open" which means that we haven't responded to yet. BUT: we were around 400 earlier, so that means we've been cranking through these and getting them answered/resolved. There are "Pending" BigCommerce tickets in the system, which just means that we are waiting on the customer response. So either way, if your BigCommerce ticket hasn't been answered yet, it will be soon-ish. Again, we've hired Natalie and we have another guy helping out as a volunteer, so these should go fairly quickly.
Any negative comments about any of ^ won't be responded to by me, as I'll be too busy working on tickets. (or at a Clutch concert, whichever comes first)

Edit: After an 16 hour day on this, we're now at 149 "Open" tickets. As the song goes: I've done it, I've had it, I'm ready for bed.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #803 of 1,178
Making empty promises via closing tickets must be real hard work.... Geez...

Way too late for good sounding equipment? What? I got some vintage gear in my house that I got way too late (like 40 years). Better toss it out.

Just to give everyone a progress report: On the BigCommerce tickets, right now we're now closing in on (by tomorrow) 150 tickets that are "Open" which means that we haven't responded to yet. BUT: we were around 400 earlier, so that means we've been cranking through these and getting them answered/resolved. There are "Pending" BigCommerce tickets in the system, which just means that we are waiting on the customer response. So either way, if your BigCommerce ticket hasn't been answered yet, it will be soon-ish. Again, we've hired Natalie and we have another guy helping out as a volunteer, so these should go fairly quickly.
Any negative comments about any of ^ won't be responded to by me, as I'll be too busy working on tickets. (or at a Clutch concert, whichever comes first)

Edit: After an 16 hour day on this, we're now at 149 "Open" tickets. As the song goes: I've done it, I've had it, I'm ready for bed.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #804 of 1,178

So the manufacturer claims I am waiting for good sounding equipment and the (very long) wait is worth it...then, no problem! I will wait 40 years! Wait...Wait...what's more, I will add the LH equipment to my will, in case my children, or grand children (which are due in 25 years aprox) can receive them, in case I die before they arrive.

Perhaps instead of sharing proof of the items being manufactured, you should share proof of manufacturer's health condition, so we can have a guess of their life expectancy. Please do not die before you ship my items, please!

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #805 of 1,178

Okay, personally I'm appreciative of your efforts and recognize it's hard (and often unrewarding) work. However, you have to realize that myself and others have heard much of the same you've been sharing from others before. Again and again. So Jarek, with all due respect, it's pretty unrealistic to expect the negative or sarcastic comments to stop.

I don't think you should feel compelled to respond to them and maybe prefer you do not -- at this point probably better to get the tickets and some semblance of communications under control as originally engaged to do rather than stirring up the "angry mob".

But the best response will be backing up the talk or pictures or reported plans or supposed progress reports with visible signs of real progress: that is, getting the Vi DAC's and the Waves and (OMG I don't believe some poor souls are still waiting on their!!!) Pulses, etc. out the door!

That means starting to see posts here and elsewhere that people have actually received product as promised in something resembling the order as LH committed to long ago. AFAIC this is the only response that could make a difference.

All your efforts to keep LH focused on this will be greatly appreciated.

As always, good luck.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #806 of 1,178
Okay, personally I'm appreciative of your efforts and recognize it's hard (and often unrewarding) work. However, you have to realize that myself and others have heard much of the same you've been sharing from others before. Again and again. So Jarek, with all due respect, it's pretty unrealistic to expect the negative or sarcastic comments to stop.

I don't think you should feel compelled to respond to them and maybe prefer you do not -- at this point probably better to get the tickets and some semblance of communications under control as originally engaged to do rather than stirring up the "angry mob".

But the best response will be backing up the talk or pictures or reported plans or supposed progress reports with visible signs of real progress: that is, getting the Vi DAC's and the Waves and (OMG I don't believe some poor souls are still waiting on their!!!) Pulses, etc. out the door!

That means starting to see posts here and elsewhere that people have actually received product as promised in something resembling the order as LH committed to long ago. AFAIC this is the only response that could make a difference.

All your efforts to keep LH focused on this will be appreciated.

As always, good luck.

Agree with all of what you're saying. Unfortunately, much of those decisions are out of my control as I'm in a different state than the LH offices and have to rely on others for that type of information. I post what I get. Also, we have to have the boards in stock to actually ship and post pics of. So both things are kind of out of my control atm.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #807 of 1,178
Agree with all of what you're saying. Unfortunately, much of those decisions are out of my control as I'm in a different state than the LH offices and have to rely on others for that type of information. I post what I get. Also, we have to have the boards in stock to actually ship and post pics of. So both things are kind of out of my control atm.

Understood. Not expecting you to be commuting to California or chasing LH across China! Presumably you were not engaged for your soldering skills but rather your People skills. Presumably LH also falls under the "People" umbrella?

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #808 of 1,178
Understood. Not expecting you to be commuting to California or chasing LH across China! Presumably you were not engaged for your soldering skills but rather your People skills. Presumably LH also falls under the "People" umbrella?

Trust me when I say....I literally do everything I can and can possibly dream up when interacting and advocating on behalf of backers with LH/L/staff.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #809 of 1,178
Trust me when I say....I literally do everything I can and can possibly dream up when interacting and advocating on behalf of backers with LH/L/staff.

Let me get this straight.. Larry is withholding information even to you? He hired you to do what then if he isn't communicating truthfully...sigh... :face_palm:

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #810 of 1,178
Let me get this straight.. Larry is withholding information even to you? He hired you to do what then if he isn't communicating truthfully...sigh... :face_palm:

There's various shades and nuances to the answer of that statement/question. Sometimes I can get answers and sometimes not. Some things I'm also not allowed to release publicly until a designated time. But I am literally always advocating on behalf of backers and I present all questions I get to him and work extremely hard to keep LH/L/staff on target for communication and shipping.

Do know, that I do believe (and not as a corporate drone), that he is working hard to get these things out to backers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back