LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by bmichels, Feb 7, 2015.
Tags:
  1. AVJazz
    Another blast from the past: More from Nov 6 2014 IGG Update from LH (Part 1):

[Note: my highlights]

“Dear LH Labs, What the _______ are you doing?”

One of the most frequently asked questions we receive is, “What the #@!#! are you guys thinking????” I even had one person say to me, “Gavin, I’ve been a member of Mensa for 30 years and I can’t figure out what you guys are up to.” When he told me that, I had to hold back the smile. Oh, who am I kidding? I have no poker face. I actually laughed out loud.

Almost every manufacturer has a product roadmap (if they don’t, they should). What most manufacturers will never do, though, is publish that roadmap to the world. I guess this in another one of those times when I’m going to set us apart from everyone else.

At the end of the day, I’m going to publish on our website our entire product roadmap for all to see. Well, maybe not all. You will have to log in to see it. It will be posted at http://lhlabs.com/roadmap. [dead link of course] It will include everything that’s on our radar right now. Keep in mind, though, that our company culture is to listen to our Force members and crowdfunding backers. So we might see some changes based on actual customer feedback in the near future.

In retrospect, it didn't take a member of Mensa to realize that LH, GF & Co. didn't have a clue as to what they were up to either. What has ended up truly setting LH Labs apart is an appalling ability at "crowdscrewing" aided and abetted by our friends at Indiegogo.

MikeyFresh likes this.
  2. jsiegel14072
    You forgot the whole, we need you to help us correct the orders (third time) in big commerce. They have so many tickets they don’t know what to do with them and I spent 2 months emailing Gina to get the right combination of options entered into the big commerce system for vi, pulse and wave. So they could actually configure them. Not sure how they are going to do the HPA, HPA tube and Mono blocks.

How do you plan production if you don’t know what you are building? It can’t take more than a weekend for a competent computer/data person to get the orders in and organized then you can plan production.

I keep hearing more people who didn’t know about market-place.lhlabs.com. ( not to be confused with marketplace.lhlabs.com) or are just now getting tickets in. So not sure if their current plans will cover the production requirement. Keep hoping then could finish a single product.
    There is always next year

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    AVJazz and MikeyFresh like this.
  3. AVJazz
    Yeah, I know, that's why I said "highlights" at top. If I started to go into the surveys & websites that LH put us through to try to figure out what they committed to manufacture or the promises to maintain "Updates" at least monthly or supposed "loyalty" programs and other perks, not to mention all the Forum silliness, my post would have several more chapters.

MikeyFresh likes this.
  4. jsiegel14072
    I understand where you are coming from, it is a good recap for jarek. My point is that they think they are making progress (at least in creating no content updates, but won't spend any time with the real work to figure out what they owe (need to produce) and come up with a straight forward plan to accomplish it. i can't believe that they would go back to redesign the vi shell since they only have a few to do (unless they haven't shipped the SS vi's they said they had. then a quick die cast might speed up production but would take 6 months to get going.

Hire an MBA intern for the christmas and get the plan together

AVJazz and MikeyFresh like this.
  5. sjp770
    Still nothing in Big Commerce for me. I'm waiting on a Vi DAC Tube infinity with upgraded power caps. So, if they don't know our orders how can all the PCBs be sitting on a shelf? Going back to when the campaign finished all of a sudden a Telsa was getting upgraded audio.. did we pay for that Tesla?

6. stuck limo
    The Tesla project was not paid for with IGG LH Labs funds to my understanding.

7. germay0653
    It may not have used IGG LH Funding resources but it sure did take human focus and resources away from the crowd funding efforts.

I wish no ill will towards LH Labs. I just want honest communication and the delivery of the products that I perked and paid for 3 years ago, no more, no less.

Good luck to you Jarek! I have no envy for your job.

AVJazz likes this.
  8. Hercules
  9. doctorjazz
    The previous LH Labs attempts were SUCH a success...

AVJazz likes this.
  10. wwyssh
    Should I expect something NOW?

11. stuck limo
    If I can get it done tonight, I'll let you know when it's done. I work this job part time and we had some background stuff happening that delayed my work into Tuesday.

12. stuck limo
    Here's what I have. I've heard from both Matt and Sandi that there's lots and lots of boards ready. They're in storage mostly because they're moving buildings. Here's some of them. If I get more photos, I'll post them. Also, we're building a new Q&A for Vi Dac that will hopefully answer all or most of your questions over the chassis, China, etc.

Vi Dac Pic 1.jpg Vi Dac Pic 2.jpg Vi Dac Pic 3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  13. sjp770
    Kind of looks like the other pic but re arranged. Still holding out.

14. jsiegel14072
    The Boards say 2015 on them, so have they been sitting out of ESD protection for 2 years and 3 buildings?

15. sjp770
    Still nothing for me in Big Commerce. No response to the ticket I logged on the day we were requested to sign up to this new order tracking method. Edit - 62 Days since that ticket was logged. Just added all the details of my orders. Please get me onto Big Commerce so I can see you have everything right!

Where are the updates? Where is this new chassis?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017