LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jul 13, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,082 of 2,040
Only owners of the V2 or the V2 Infinity can upgrade to a GO2A

This is not for V2+ and V2+ Infinity owners (or signature backers for that matter)

Regardless of where the V2 or V2 Infinity was purchased, be it Amazon, Distributor, Campaign, or Pre-order. :)

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,083 of 2,040
  Only owners of the V2 or the V2 Infinity can upgrade to a GO2A

This is not for V2+ and V2+ Infinity owners (or signature backers for that matter)

Regardless of where the V2 or V2 Infinity was purchased, be it Amazon, Distributor, Campaign, or Pre-order. :)

does the latest batch of V2+ Infinity have the tech already incorporated into it?

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #1,084 of 2,040
Of course the  Tele: 888-842-5988 does not work. I tried calling to see if they had received my order (UPS says they did) and if everything was still on schedule. It just goes to the Operator Voicemail.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,085 of 2,040
Like a lot of onwers on head-fi, I don't think I'll ever buy anything from LH anymore.

I was a very happy owner of the GO v1. Then I backed their GO v2. I guess I was lucky that I did get GO v2 earlier than I expected, I did have to send it back almost straight away because of qulity issue. They did responded promptly and a new one was sent to me, all that took was around a monh.

However the casing of the V2 is frankly horrible. It was cheap looking, feels easily break if it was dropped and seem to catch dust with the grills. And now they want me to spend another $100+ to fix really their problem?

The GO v1 was a good product at the time, but since then lot of new products came on the market which offers similar sound, functions, and price. And the way they do business certainly pissed off lots of people. If they don't ractify this very quickly, I am afraid they won't stay in business for too long.

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #1,087 of 2,040

Not very confidence inspiring.  I'm just glad I bought audio from LH Labs and not something essential like medicine.  

It's sad to see talent wasted by poor execution.  They are the Johnny Football of Audio ...  of course, in my humble opinion!

Ah, it's been a while since I've seen some good stuff from you in here. 

Both true points:
1. On the note of #1, I used to work at a hotel and the front desk manager controlled the bonuses/tip payout for the bell team. She screwed it up one time and apologized to us by saying "human error". One of the vets said "thank God we weren't on a plane and you were the pilot". I lost it. So yes, thank God you didn't buy medicine or something else of real value from them.
2. This does seem to be the truth, eh? I've been thoroughly (sorry guys) enjoying my Pulse X Infinity V2. It's a VERY nice sounding DAC, if you skip the amp and take care of that with something else. It's got a nice bland of detail retrieval, soundstage, balanced FR, and musicality. I can only imagine that their other gear would be good performers too. So far the Revive seems to be liked, the people that have their GOV2s like them, and the V2+ reportedly sounds good from the 4 people that have them. But DAMN do they ever blow at fulfillment, deadlines, and QC... Just like you said, Johnny Football has all the talent in the world, but then is dousch bag to teammates, can't be counted on to show up at games, over promises, doesn't come to practice, and becomes more of a burden to have on the team than what he brings, so you cut him. 

I honestly do wonder what the tube amps and the swapable SS amps would have sounded like, but if those ever do hit the market, and let's get real, that ain't happening, it'll be like a new Furby. Yeah, they were cool like 15 years ago, but things have moved on since then...

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,088 of 2,040
So I emailed LH Labs and someone has their information wrong. The details of the promotion state, "Once we receive your order, we will begin fulfilling upgrades. The upgrading process will take 10-12 days."

I emailed LH Labs to make sure my return unit was received and the agent stated that the orders will be upgraded/fulfilled AFTER the promotion ends. The exact details: "...the orders will start being completed 1-2 weeks after the promotion ends." So they're receiving units and instead of immediately fulfilling the orders, they're JUST SITTING ON THEM until after July 15th which means everyone has to wait longer.

Incredible. I wouldn't be so upset about this if they had just plainly stated that in the promotional details.

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #1,089 of 2,040
  Ah, it's been a while since I've seen some good stuff from you in here. 

Both true points:
1. On the note of #1, I used to work at a hotel and the front desk manager controlled the bonuses/tip payout for the bell team. She screwed it up one time and apologized to us by saying "human error". One of the vets said "thank God we weren't on a plane and you were the pilot". I lost it. So yes, thank God you didn't buy medicine or something else of real value from them.
2. This does seem to be the truth, eh? I've been thoroughly (sorry guys) enjoying my Pulse X Infinity V2. It's a VERY nice sounding DAC, if you skip the amp and take care of that with something else. It's got a nice bland of detail retrieval, soundstage, balanced FR, and musicality. I can only imagine that their other gear would be good performers too. So far the Revive seems to be liked, the people that have their GOV2s like them, and the V2+ reportedly sounds good from the 4 people that have them. But DAMN do they ever blow at fulfillment, deadlines, and QC... Just like you said, Johnny Football has all the talent in the world, but then is dousch bag to teammates, can't be counted on to show up at games, over promises, doesn't come to practice, and becomes more of a burden to have on the team than what he brings, so you cut him. 

I honestly do wonder what the tube amps and the swapable SS amps would have sounded like, but if those ever do hit the market, and let's get real, that ain't happening, it'll be like a new Furby. Yeah, they were cool like 15 years ago, but things have moved on since then...

I may have to borrow that plane response one day!

LH Labs can learn from Warren Buffett's quote "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #1,090 of 2,040
Latest email from LH on July 13:

Down to the last 48 hours of the upgrade and we have begun processing orders. If you have not placed your order please do so to be put in queue for this upgrade. Our Repair Department has begun processing units that arrived in house and will begin the upgrade come Monday. We have received over 40% of all V2 and V2 Infinity from our backers to date! Shipping of your unit is set to begin in the last week of July going into August. If you have any questions or concerns, Please open a ticket with us at lhlabs.com/support.

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #1,091 of 2,040
does the latest batch of V2+ Infinity have the tech already incorporated into it?

They told me it does not for example the GoV2a contains the new Murata noiseless caps (whatever that means and believe me I saw caps before and can't comprehend what kind of caps those are) while the V2+ does not so very disappointing for people who paid ridiculous amount of money for the V2+. Pretty typical disappoint one group at the expense of another.

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #1,092 of 2,040

Hi, there

V2+ doesn't need the Geek Out 2A upgrade since that is designed for Geek Out V2 (the version without battery)
Your new V2+ already had metal plates with the latest tech. there... Next week we should have around 100 V2+ send out.

Larry

Musicheaven. Per Larry!

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #1,094 of 2,040
Musicheaven. Per Larry!

Thanks Gery, I find the comment to be pretty nebulous. What does the latest tech means? It would be better if it was enumerated.

Here is a discussion of acoustic noise produced by caps.

http://www.edn.com/design/components-and-packaging/4364020/Reduce-acoustic-noise-from-capacitors

Interesting, it's about ceramic capacitor rigidity and flexing under voltage application. It sounds like they only have to charge us more money for the caps made by Murata or Kemet and make zillions of holes on the board and the audio noise is down. :wink:

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #1,095 of 2,040
Thanks Gery, I find the comment to be pretty nebulous. What does the latest tech means? It would be better if it was enumerated.
Interesting, it's about ceramic capacitor rigidity and flexing under voltage application. It sounds like they only have to charge us more money for the caps made by Murata or Kemet and make zillions of holes on the board and the audio noise is down. :wink:

Agreed Jon.  Larry was pretty nebulous, not specific as to what the tech was, with his answer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back