LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jul 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #1,066 of 2,040
  Where? I didn't see it last night...

Sorry, I posted before but didn't want to drag thread off topic but since two people asked about it lol - in "Sources", but you can see any user's classifieds by clicking through their profile, on the right side of the profile page.

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #1,067 of 2,040
Here's another update.  This one is quite substantial

New Campaign Update!

Hello ...,
The 'Geek Out V2: The World's Most Powerful Compact Amp' team just posted:

1 new Announcement:

Dear Geek Out V2 Backers,

I just came back from a nice and long Asia business trip, it's almost one month. To make the best use of the time, we visit a lot of important component vendors in Taiwan, ShenZhen and Japan. My email access is quite limited during the trip and after I came back, I found a lot of emails related to the latest Geek Out 2Aupgrade. So here is the summary of all related questions. Hope this will help. 

Some people ask if Geek Out 2A is the only "beautified" version of V2? From 3D printed chassis to aluminum alloy chassis? And answer is simple. Let's check it out.

1) Let's see the FFT graph of the latest Geek Out 2A(which has the upgraded analog output components) 

j4udwrpdzljzagwpqxvj.jpg

As you could see the noise floor is super flat down at -142dB to -150dB. Harmonics distribution is smooth and natural. 

(2) THD+N and SNR @ 45K bandwidth test

r8hjqrc28cgcpf56da0e.jpg

eb3usmeovokzpxaxmaxg.jpg

Both THD and SNR is showing this little wonder could perform a nice, sweet, good performance sound.

(3) The output voltage is 50% more on both single-ended and balanced output. Although the max output wattage remains the same, this change will give you more headroom especially drive big can. And three Gain settings in Infinity model will leverage this new changes even better since each different setting now have more separation. 

sijbifoxrmginz1yim61.jpg

bziqblcorxeaf6tqes2q.jpg

(4) Channel separation is well defined too. (-116dB at 1K Hz) 

f9srhje0n45xog4lowpp.jpg

If you ask me, I have to say, this little new wonder is not only prettier but also a high achiever especially considering its size. (Don't care about the price)

In 2013, we launched our first generation of Geek Out. Today, it's been 3 years and we vision never changed. We want to give you the best portable DAC/headphone amp. In Geek Out 2A, we designed the new chassis with better air flow, we put the new vibration noise free caps, we upgrade the analog components... etc. We will keep your Geek Out always up to date and sounds the best. 

We love this product and be proud of it. I hope with thisGeek Out 2A upgrade, we left no regrets and we confidently enjoy our music any time, any where. 

Cheers,

Larry

Reply directly to this email to respond to the campaign owner,Gavin Fish. Visit the campaign page to view all comments and updates for this project.

Help spread the word about the campaign!

Sincerely,
The Indiegogo Team

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #1,068 of 2,040
  If I have the V2+ Infinity, does that mean they have a V2+ Infinity version of the 2A available?

Hi, there

V2+ doesn't need the Geek Out 2A upgrade since that is designed for Geek Out V2 (the version without battery)
Your new V2+ already had metal plates with the latest tech. there... Next week we should have around 100 V2+ send out.

Larry

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #1,070 of 2,040
Hi, there

V2+ doesn't need the Geek Out 2A upgrade since that is designed for Geek Out V2 (the version without battery)
Your new V2+ already had metal plates with the latest tech. there... Next week we should have around 100 V2+ send out.

Larry

My V2+ will be for sale when it arrives in a few weeks. If you want it shipped straight to you, I believe we can arrange it with LH Labs.

Jul 9, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,071 of 2,040

Hi, there

Larry

So, what you are saying is that the V2+Infinity already has the same analog components as the upgraded V2A?

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #1,073 of 2,040
Jul 9, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #1,076 of 2,040
Sure do! I want Mr CEO to personally ship it himself for being a year late.

beautiful.. I feel your frustration.. I feel like it's ran SO far past when I anticipated it would be fulfilled by that I truly stopped caring anymore and have just focused on other aspects of my gear/music enjoyment... Well played Fishyee 
beerchug.gif

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #1,077 of 2,040
Seems only upgraders can buy the GO2a at this time.

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #1,078 of 2,040
Seems only upgraders can buy the GO2a at this time.

Lol, i wish they would quit harassing me about upgrading. I haven't received a V2, but for some reason I keep getting targeted emails to upgrade my V2 to a V2a...

Oddly enough (no one is really surprised though) I haven't received my Pulse, my V2+SE, or anything other than my original V1 geek and an LPS that I paid to get upgrade to an LPS4 thats been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for a year or two. I'm not really even mad at this point. Just disappointed.

More than anything I'm just sad that even now two years after I paid for something and a year after they managed to ship at least a dozen to Amazon that are still just sitting in a warehouse, I STILL don't have my pulse, and yet without fail every month or two I've gotten a new email about a new chance to buy another LHLabs product or upgrade one I have (or in the case of the V2 one I don't even have).

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #1,079 of 2,040

Lol, i wish they would quit harassing me about upgrading. I haven't received a V2, but for some reason I keep getting targeted emails to upgrade my V2 to a V2a...

Oddly enough (no one is really surprised though) I haven't received my Pulse, my V2+SE, or anything other than my original V1 geek and an LPS that I paid to get upgrade to an LPS4 thats been sitting on a shelf collecting dust for a year or two. I'm not really even mad at this point. Just disappointed.

More than anything I'm just sad that even now two years after I paid for something and a year after they managed to ship at least a dozen to Amazon that are still just sitting in a warehouse, I STILL don't have my pulse, and yet without fail every month or two I've gotten a new email about a new chance to buy another LHLabs product or upgrade one I have (or in the case of the V2 one I don't even have).

Not very confidence inspiring.  I'm just glad I bought audio from LH Labs and not something essential like medicine.  

It's sad to see talent wasted by poor execution.  They are the Johnny Football of Audio ...  of course, in my humble opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back