LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jun 30, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #1,053 of 2,040
Might be worth it just for the enclosure if the new shell is of higher quality-  current one is fine functionally but the finishing is pretty dubious.

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #1,055 of 2,040
More thoughts on the IEM-X's for anyone interested

Update on IEM-X’s after more days of listening: Continue to be impressed with the IEM-X’s, especially at their price-point of $129. The resolution for this type of IEM is really quite good, again being much better in the mids and the highs than their fraternal twin Vibratos. These are by no means “dark” sounding IEM’s, having a rather open higher-end with good resolution. Their tuning appears to be emphasized somewhat on the bass end, but that’s how most people like it these days. Did some comparison against the RHA T20’s that are some of my favorite IEMs in the ~$200 price range, and I honestly prefer the IEM-X’s. They’re higher resolution in my opinion and more fun to listen to . To my ear the IEM-X’s have more clarity in the mids and highs, although also maybe a little bit too much “shine” in some of the areas treble range (as also called out by another reviewer here) but that could also be due to my being used to a bit “darker” headphones like the Audeze’s. The IEM-X’s besting the T20’s in my opinion is a pretty impressive feat given their difference in price – with the IEM-X’s retailing for $129 and the T20’s selling for $239.95 on the rha-audio.com site. The RHA’s case and selection of ear tips is nicer, but I go with SQ as my primary decision point. Is important to point out that I’ve had the T20’s for almost a year, so know that they are hardy, but have only had the IEM-X’s for a few weeks, so can’t make a call on how sturdy/reliable they are, but given the build quality I’d hope not to have any issues (although LHL has had some issues in the past with product quality – hope they’re past that now). Another data point that people need to be aware of – the IEM-X’s are made to be used with a 3.5mm TRRS balanced output. They won’t work with all 3.5mm TRS jacks, and require a TRRS to TRS adapter to make sure they’re backwards compatible with SE outputs. These adapters aren’t the easiest to come by, but LHL says they are working on building just that adapter and making it easily available for those who want to run the IEM-X’s in SE mode. No idea about timing, availability or cost yet, but I’ve seen a picture of a prototype, so they’re definitely in process.

Conclusion: If you’re looking for a pair of IEM’s in the $100-150 range (or even up to $250-300) and want the ability to run them balanced using a piece of Geek portable gear (V2, V2+, future Wave, etc.) then the IEM-X’s deserve a serious look. They punch well above their price-point in terms of SQ and appear to be well made and thought out, so I’m happy to recommend that my fellow Geeks out there take a listen. Cheers

Disclaimer: I was provided one pair of IEM-X’s early (I’d already ordered 2 pairs a long time ago via the fun at Indie-gogo) with the request (not requirement) that I post an honest review here.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1,057 of 2,040
They suckered me into buying 4 of the crapty Vibes (Silly me, I thought it was a make-nice offer since the V2+ was so far behind schedule. Little did I know they would all fail with in a week of gifting them and  more than a year later I'd still be waiting for the V2+).

Maybe they can send me a pair of these new IEMs to make me whole?  Yeah, right after pigs fly, I'm sure!

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #1,058 of 2,040
Started an IEM-X specific thread. Cheers

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812925/lh-labs-iem-x-impressions-thread#post_12692773

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #1,059 of 2,040
  Has anyone compared the V2+ to the V2? Thanks.

One has a battery the other doesn't
tongue.gif

(Someone had linked an offsite comparison that noted a difference- personally I don't notice a difference, but am a casual listener making extremely casual nonrigorous sighted comparisons here
tongue_smile.gif
)

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,060 of 2,040

Well, I shipped mine back and it should arrive on Monday. Hopefully they batch it that week. Anyone - keep in mind the address is:

LH Labs Corporation
            10600 Industrial Ave, Suite 120
             Roseville CA, 95678
             USA
             Tele: 888-842-5988

I was originally given the wrong address (ZIP code) by LH Labs and had to make 2 trips to UPS today to fix it.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #1,061 of 2,040
This arrived in my mailbox today.  In case anyone is wondering, I am not singing Hallelujah yet... That will have to wait until I have my v2+ in hand...  Even then my throat my turn out to be too dried up to do any singing...  Just saying...

New Campaign Update!

Hello ....,
The 'Geek Out V2: The World's Most Powerful Compact Amp' team just posted:

1 new Announcement:

Hello Backers!

The assembly team has been pushing to get all our ducks in a row.  The good news is we continue to stay on schedule to have V2+ fulfilled by the end of this month. We know many of you will very happy to feel and hear your V2+ sing! Our target completion for shipping will continue to be the end of July to all our V2+ backers. Again, thank you for your continued support and patience.

Larry & LH Labs team,

Reply directly to this email to respond to the campaign owner,Gavin Fish. Visit the campaign page to view all comments and updates for this project.

Help spread the word about the campaign!

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #1,062 of 2,040
If anyone is looking for one, I've put my used GOv2+infinity up in the classifieds for I think a good price, as I am content with just the V2.

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #1,064 of 2,040

Users who are viewing this thread

Back